puig db windscreen install, i'm a moron!!

hemi

Registered
i've had my puig db windscreen on for a few weeks now. Was lookin at it recently and noticed there was about a 1/4" gap at the very bottom of the windsreen where it meets the nose of the bike, looked like it wasn't pushed down far enough. So i took the 2 bolts out by the mirrors and pushed the windscreen down and it popped into place like it should be. After that i noticed it put a hairline crack/crease in the plastic nose about 3" above the headlight, wtf! It is only about an inch wide, didn't actually crack the paint but u can see a little crease in the plastic, put a sticker over it so it's not noticeable. Should have just left it alone. It's like it's too tight of a fit up front and just put too much stress on the plastic when i pushed it down more. Wonder if anyone else runnin the puig had this happen, i highly doubt it

I went out and looked. I have a PUIG double-bubble. It fits really well, doesn't rattle. Maybe you fixed something that wasn't broke (but now it is)? I had another double-bubble, but the brand eludes me. It was a cheap, thin, piece of crap that vibrated. I dumped it for the PUIG, and I've been really happy with it.

On the other hand, I have a Scorpion helmet that had problems with cracking plastic. Scorpion replaced it and I'm happy. Could be something defective in the batch your PUIG came from.

i'm probably being a little paranoid, but oh well. The windscreen wasn't seated all the way down in the nose, i put a little electrical tape around the edge when i installed it, maybe it was just a little too snug i guess. I always have to mess with crap and end up breaking something. Pulled the puig sticker off the screen and put it on the nose where the tiny crease was, can't even see it now, sticker just looks kind of goofy

FloydV, can u do me a favor, go out and try to push yours down to fully seat it in and see if the same thing happens to yours:laugh::laugh: just kidding

maybe i'm overly paranoid and this tiny little crease was there before, think i would have noticed it though

I have the Puig too, and it didn't require any tape. No rattle on mine and it fits great.

i'm probably being a little paranoid, but oh well. The windscreen wasn't seated all the way down in the nose, i put a little electrical tape around the edge when i installed it, maybe it was just a little too snug i guess. I always have to mess with crap and end up breaking something. Pulled the puig sticker off the screen and put it on the nose where the tiny crease was, can't even see it now, sticker just looks kind of goofy

We all do that kind of stuff. Just think of it as a defect in the plastic.

maybe it was actually like that before and i never noticed. I doubt it, but anything's possible

I have had 2 ZG Dbl bubble screenson my 05 and both of them have fit perfect. no rattle, no tape, no gaps and it does it's job flawlessly.

Back