Puig DB installed. Was hoping for better.

justin726

Registered
Well after about 45,000 miles of success with the stock windscreen I decided to break down and go with a double bubble, kinds to see if they were worth the hype. Heard good things about the Puig so I went with that. I love the looks and quality of the Puig. Definitely a good product.

I've done 300-400 miles with it so far. Pretty much from the first ride I didn't like the way it was directing the air. It's definitey noticable how much less air is hitting my chest and shoulders (which is nice). I've never had a problem with how much air hits my torso with the stock windscreen. It's actually kinda nice having that pressure helping to hold my body up off and take a little pressure off my arms. The less air hitting my torso would probably be nice on a really long trip, but for me I don't think it would be a necessity.

Where I was hoping for a good improvement was in getting the air up over my helmet better. But instead the DB seems to direct more air right at my faceshield. With the stock screen there was a fairly constant pressure, but with the DB there seems to be a lot more buffeting that tries to shake my head around a bit more. If I duck my head just 2-3 inches I can get under the wind and everything is great, but then I'm in an uncomfortable riding postition.

I'm gonna give it a little more time, but I'm thinking I might end up putting the stock windscreen back on. I don't know if it's just my own personal preference or what, but like I said, I was just hoping for more out of the DB. Maybe I was just hoping for to much and not being realistic. Anybody else have a similar experience with a DB?

how tall are you. Im 6'-2'' and love my DB. My buddy is 6'7'' and has a CBR 1000 and he has a tripple bubble for his.

Pics or its all lies :whistle:

I have the Suzuki OEM double bubble made by Puig and it is absolutely amazing. Top notch quality...

It is going to be hard to get air to flow up that high to reach over your helmet....

I'm only about 5'10". Maybe 5'11" on a good day.

I guess I was just looking for to much. I just wasn't expecting to wind to be directed at my face as much as it is. Shoot, I was even hoping to add a set of 1" bar risers, but that would just stick my face in the windstree even more. I have a pretty good sized tank bag, so crouching all the time is just out of the question.

It's to bad, I really like the looks and quality of the Puig. Nothing bad to say about it in that respect.

Well. I guess you were asking for too much. You would need a big crusier windsheild to get the wind completly over your head. I have seen some people who have a clip on addition to the top of their screens. It creates an extra lip to divert the wind up and over you.

I have a double bubble in iridium blue and it directs the air over pretty good.I am 5'9 but can feel the pressure.

Get a Goldwing. Aint no windscreen gonna make you happy on a Busa. :laugh:

Aint no windscreen gonna make you happy on a Busa. :laugh:
Yeah, I know.

I actually was never unhappy with the stock windscreen. I've done plenty of time behind it. Just thought I'd give a DB a try since I heard so many people rave about them. I can be perfectly happy going back to the stocker. Had 2 naked bikes before the Busa, so something down there is better than nothing. :thumbsup:

Here is what you need! The most ugliest looking wind screen I have seen. Came with the bike.. it works well, just ugly. I will use it for my iron butt run

These are just layed over my OEM double bubble.
aefdc1ae-0d1c-47b1.jpg

aefdc1ae-0db6-4f5b.jpg

I be usin' tapatalk

Here is what you need! The most ugliest looking wind screen I have seen. Came with the bike.. it works well, just ugly. I will use it for my iron butt run

These are just layed over my OEM double bubble.
aefdc1ae-0d1c-47b1.jpg

aefdc1ae-0db6-4f5b.jpg

I be usin' tapatalk

i would never do that to my bike.... ever.

OP-Sounds like you really do need a goldwing. :laugh:

And sounds like you're putting too much weight on your arms.

The stock windscreen is terrible. You want wind up over your helmet... tuck in a little bit. It's not gonna happen if you're trying to sit straight up on your bike.

Double Bubble can't teach ya how to ride.

Its too bad suzuki doesn't make a bike with busa power and more comfy ergo's. I guess they figure if you'd like to sit up a little straighter and be a little more comfy you don't deserve big power. Or else you should suffer to earn the power so to speak :laugh:
Kawi just came out with a new bike called the Ninja 1000, its designed to be a COMFY sportbike....imagine that. I wonder why suzuki figures their flagship busa has to be so damn uncomfy when its obviously not a full on track weapon, and the average owner is MUCH older than a literbike owner. Sometimes I wonder if these designers are really seeing the big picture ??? They could easily make the busa more comfy without adding weight or affecting handling...I just don't understand why they don't ??? I love my busa but the 14 is WAY more comfy, and a lot more enjoyable on longer rides :whistle:

Idont think your going to find a windsheild thats going to sheild you from the wind the way youd like,you gotta tuck.Pic 13 looks feasable but not for me,i guess it depends on how bad you want it.

Its too bad suzuki doesn't make a bike with busa power and more comfy ergo's. I guess they figure if you'd like to sit up a little straighter and be a little more comfy you don't deserve big power. Or else you should suffer to earn the power so to speak :laugh:
Kawi just came out with a new bike called the Ninja 1000, its designed to be a COMFY sportbike....imagine that. I wonder why suzuki figures their flagship busa has to be so damn uncomfy when its obviously not a full on track weapon, and the average owner is MUCH older than a literbike owner. Sometimes I wonder if these designers are really seeing the big picture ??? They could easily make the busa more comfy without adding weight or affecting handling...I just don't understand why they don't ??? I love my busa but the 14 is WAY more comfy, and a lot more enjoyable on longer rides :whistle:
Hey two wheels im with you on that ,i got onto a 14 after i purchased my g2,i didnt like the the 14s colors but the 14 was more comfortable.

the DB seems to direct more air right at my faceshield. With the stock screen there was a fairly constant pressure, but with the DB there seems to be a lot more buffeting that tries to shake my head around a bit more. If I duck my head just 2-3 inches I can get under the wind and everything is great, but then I'm in an uncomfortable riding postition.

I had the same problem so I went back to the stock windshield. I noticed it was louder too. The DB was fine with the stock seat but I have a Corbin now that sits a little lower and my head is out of position with the DB. Smoother air flow and quieter with the stock windshield. I'm 6' tall too.

Justin, I'm about 4 inches taller than you and the Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen puts the wind at top of the shoulders/neck level on me. It's a big improvement over stock, and I can even see the turn signal indicators with it.

Edit: I used a Puig DB before this one, and there is a noticeable difference between the two.

Busa Showing ZG.jpg

I happen to be selling a ZG Touring screen (clear) just like the one pictured in ChattanoogaBusa's bike :) (I chose to stay with the ZG DB on my bike)

EXACTLY the same experience here. I'm 5'7". The bike has Helibar risers and a Suzuki "sport touring" windscreen (Gen I) which I believe is made by Puig. The taller windscreen let me see the gauges again, but delivered a wicked airblast directly only my helmet, making the bike noisy as h3ll to ride.

Installed a Laminar Lip which was donated to me by another oRg member.
Laminar Products for Suzuki Hayabusa
It's a little ugly, but better looking than some of the other super-tall windscreens or the additional wings I've seen. The good thing is that this really really controls the airflow for me. Much less turbulence behind the screen because it doesn't just block the windflow, it redirects it and feeds in air underneath that helps cool you and prevents a partial vacuum from forming. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just get the laminar lip, although the touring windscreen does help with seeing the instrument panel.

If you do try the LL, suggest you get the color (clear or smoke) that best matches your windscreen. My touring screen is light smoke, but the LL in dark smoke sticks out more. The clear would have been better aesthetically. Photo below is from the LL website.

hayabusa.jpg

Back