Puckering

paistes5

Registered
Well, today was the first time I took the busa on some real twisties. I had a blast. Went to a place called Cheaha where a lot of sport bikes go. I thought the busa handled great, but there I could really feel the weight of the bike. Can't wait to go again.
wow.gif

Another busa twistie rider is born!! Hey bro ensure you get that suspension set up for you.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

same here..
Mark, if you got some good easy pointers for stock or lowered stock suspensions..... would be greatly appreciated, even tho mine hooks up great.

I am at work right now (USMC) defending the nation and all!
smile.gif
I will give the exact measurements and techniques tomorrow. That will be a long technical posts.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I will be talking to a road racer tomorrow so I will get the info from him.  I will say up front that the springs in the front forks need to be replaced.  Big money so be sure you want to do it.  I will get around to it one day.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Marc, were looking for setup options using stock suspension.... if you have or can come up with some help setting up the busa for best results from the stock springs and shocks, that would be ideal.

Pipe dreams and fancy creams. Whatever help there is will be appreciated.

Keep in mind my suspension is still stock so I know what your saying!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Hmm, this could be interesting, I have mine set pretty soft so the suspension will do all the work in the twisties. I'd like to know some good settings. I didn't write mine down when I did it, so I don't know how many clicks I backed off. I guess I'd have to turn it back in and count the clicks.

Hmm, this could be interesting, I have mine set pretty soft so the suspension will do all the work in the twisties.  I'd like to know some good settings.  I didn't write mine down when I did it, so I don't know how many clicks I backed off.  I guess I'd have to turn it back in and count the clicks.
The words of a TRUE Genii...

Hey, Alls I know is, my setup works for this lightweight person (170lbs).

Ok, you got me going now, here's my settings:
7 clicks on the lower front
3 clicks on the upper front
Six lines showing on the preload
Six clicks on the rear
1/2 inch of threads showing on the rear shock.
So there.

Hey paistes5, Glad that you got the bike out and had a good time.

Hey, Alls I know is, my setup works for this lightweight person (170lbs).

Ok, you got me going now, here's my settings:
7 clicks on the lower front
3 clicks on the upper front
Six lines showing on the preload
Six clicks on the rear
1/2 inch of threads showing on the rear shock.
So there.
now I'm pissed...... bike is not here and I can't look at it!!!!

hey jfcwbd, next time I go to my Dad's house, I may have to take a little ride up McEver Rd. He lives in Buford.

Back