PUBLIC SERVICE BULLETIN! ALERT ALL MEMBERS!

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
check this shid out folks...I just caught wind of this and lifted the link from another board...southflsportbikes...and it don't sound good...i can't imagine the end of "The Dragon"...it's the birthplace of american moto legends for keeerists sake!..as follows...

http://www.stopi3.org/news06/070006_SC.html

tis a sad day for any and all moto freaks east of the mississippi if this "Goes Through" folks....can we vote these fuggers and their screwed up idea outta there somehow?...cause..."The End Of The Dragon Days" is just more than i could bare.
sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
sad.gif

sad.gif

Damn, that sucks. Leave it to DOT to mess things up.

I don't think this interstate will come to be a reality. From reading the article, I would conclude that there are way too many cons associated with this proposed road, and as stated, there is already a shorter route. It sounds like some big business is trying to push this through and they have two legislaters in their pockets. That's not enough muscle to get er done. Already GA an NC DOT's declined to to lead a feasiblity study. Way too much money that could be better spent elsewhere.

Never gunna happen, atleast not in this century.

Too many people against destroying nature.

(tpbio @ Oct. 08 2006,19:30) I don't think this interstate will come to be a reality. From reading the article, I would conclude that there are way too many cons associated with this proposed road, and as stated, there is already a shorter route. It sounds like some big business is trying to push this through and they have two legislaters in their pockets. That's not enough muscle to get er done. Already GA an NC DOT's declined to to lead a feasiblity study. Way too much money that could be better spent elsewhere.
exactly.

hey.....this is one time i wouldn't mind being "chicken little" if that's the case...and i hope you guys are right....as big biz these days has a way of back pocketing politicians and getting their way wether it makes sense or not.

(heavybusa @ Oct. 08 2006,16:31) Never gunna happen, atleast not in this century.

Too many people against destroying nature.
Now eve
beerchug.gif
ryone likes the tree huggers!

Oh, My God !!!!
If I tell hippies in VT abnout this now, you will have more Grateful Dead/ Phish loving VW- Buses blocking the bulldozers than you could imagine.
Let's all go live in tent city they will scream.
I and for 1 will be with them.
Save the Rain Forest.
Save America.
And Save The " Dragon " !!!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
T-Duck
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

I don't see anything in that article saying it would destroy deals gap or effect the dragon in any way.
rock.gif

the BS this country does and tries to do in the name of "National Security" is really friggen mind blowing!

(coop427 @ Oct. 08 2006,16:50) I don't see anything in that article saying it would destroy deals gap or effect the dragon in any way.
rock.gif
uhmmmm...

did you bother even reading the first paragraph or two which starts out...

"The Dragon’s Tail. For 30 miles, US Hwy 129 snakes around the western end of The Great Smoky Mountains National Park like a roller coaster. Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest stands a mere stone’s throw to the south. It’s about the worst place imaginable to put an interstate highway, but that’s what Georgia’s Representative Charles Norwood and Senators Saxby Chambliss and Johnny Isakson have proposed. Dubbed I-3, it would extend from Knoxville, Tennessee, to Savannah, Georgia.

Two reasons are given as justification for I-3: to fulfill an economic need for more interstate highways in an area underserved by them and for “national security.â€￾ Congress has allotted $1.3 million for a feasibility study and the Georgia 2006 state budget includes $100,000 dollars to promote the road."

i mean...how the fug could you miss it?
rock.gif

rock.gif

Ron and Nancy's web site has covered it before. Too many endangered species and stuff like that. I-3 will never happen,....hopefully not that is.

I guess tree-huggers are useful for something after all.
smile.gif

Chris

(JINKSTER @ Oct. 08 2006,16:16) check this shid out folks...I just caught wind of this and lifted the link from another board...southflsportbikes...and it don't sound good...i can't imagine the end of "The Dragon"...it's the birthplace of american moto legends for keeerists sake!..as follows...

http://www.stopi3.org/news06/070006_SC.html

tis a sad day for any and all moto freaks east of the mississippi if this "Goes Through" folks....can we vote these fuggers and their screwed up idea outta there somehow?...cause..."The End Of The Dragon Days" is just more than i could bare.
sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
sad.gif
I hope the proposal for I-3 is denied. The Dragon is a very important apart of our sport bike culture. Many have ridden the Dragon and some can only anticipate what the Dragon is really like. The only comparison is coming to America from a strange land, amazed about all the mixed emotions of fear, excitement and of the unknown.
I hope the people we elected to look out for our best interest, adhere to word of the people.

sad.gif

Wow, I certainly hope this does not come to pass. Thanks for alerting us to the possibility!

Back