1. 2mm 1360 JE pistons(13.1 comp)
2. 395 lift Web cams
3. ported head with stock valves
4. bored throttle bodies
5. TI-FORCE (packing removed)
6. APE titainum valve spring retainers
7. APE hayabusa valve springs
8. adams airbox mod with all short stacks
9. 5pds fuel pressure (over stock pressure)
10. adams/motorhead pc2 map

These are the mod's related to Hp only.

AWESOME. This is why blue goes to Denison Ave. in Cleveland for her turbo install. YEP!

Dennis was around 80% finished with his turbo install yesterday. I would almost say if everything went well today he may be able to run his bike up the street today?

He'll have a little bug working out to do and I'm sure thats going to take time.

Dennis, you need to bring that bike down to Prostar next weekend! You could even set it at My trailer. Everybody would like to turboBusa!

I would have so loved to have been there to watch you 2 at work.

Next time give me some notice so I can fly over eh????

Nuts ;)

EDIT
Curious as to how D the M fixed your slow stumble at 3krpm........would you care to elaborate a shade for the not so fortunate to be living 1/2 way around the globe away!!!

thanks ;)

[This message has been edited by NumbNuts (edited 02 August 2000).]

After getting some sleep from being up for 24hrs!.... I must say "It was all worth it"!

I've met, talked, and worked with a lot of people in the industy and I have NEVER worked with anyone as determined as Motorhead!
That is a lot coming from Me.

By Dennis & I working together We were able to find Hp in ways that nobody else has yet.

I'm sure in the days to come "everybody" that takes thier Busa to Motorheads shop will benifit from our experience!

I rolled My bike into his shop with a map for someone that spent $500 to have made, and We improved on that map by 6.1 Hp!

Funny thing is... We were still finding Hp when We had to quit because people a block down the street were complaining about My bike being SOOO...LOUD! (yes..My bike Talks!)

We really needed another full day to do everything We wanted to...and it's too bad because 90% of the things we were doing showed gains.

When I brought My bike in it had a bad stumble around 3000rpm. If we didn't have to do 15 of the pulls We did to fix it, We could have spent more time on looking to improve the Hp side of it then We did.

I went to Motorheads Shop with 188rwhp and left with 194.1rwhp with 110.4 ft torque.(6.1hp total gained)
We tried a different airbox, no airbox, and ended up seeing the best results with My airbox.(full mod)
We started out with straight C-14 and ended up with C-14 mixed pump fuel(94 oct).

My head has been ported but I'm only useing the stock valves in this motor, and with the 395 lift Web cam's this baby is still pulling HARD at red-line! (11,000rpm)
I even have My cam's adjusted lower then the recommended 106 & 108 center line.

My crank has not been lighted, and My crankshaft balancer is still in My motor so 200+ would be real easy to obtain.

One thing everybody needs to know right up front:

Dennis has spent a lot of time on the dyno improving Hp with either stock Busa's or mine. And he makes his living working on motorcycles.
I paid him for helping Me with My bike and if he ever gives you a map for your bike, you should know he has a lot of man hours in his work!

Thanks Dennis, you made Me happy! :)

Dennis (MotorHead)is the man, he's really helped me Out with my Busa. Dennis come own down to Indy for the Pro Star, I owe you 1 for helping me out with my bike.

One thing that really blew Me away at Motorheads shop was... THE WOMEN!

This is no sh!t, there was girls in & out, and around that place.

I thought for a minute I was at Vegas on one of the strips?!

I really don't see how he gets things done because these were not ugly girls either.

lanta, My throttle bodies are bored straight through.

The bike bucked and jerked pretty bad from 3,200 to 3,700rpm when I first brought it in.
Our biggest mistake of the day was trying to tune the bike out of that problem with the map it had in it.

We looked at some other maps for comparison and I ended up coping the percentage values from 4,000rpm and below on another map and transfering it to the map I had in there. We noticed that bike had less stumble and the air/fuel ratio was a lot better. At this point We had something to work with and it was just a matter of tuning from there on.

The way We did that was Dennis was on the Bike rolling the throttle through the rpm's and I was on the PC changing percentage values at different throttle locations in the 3,000rpm range.

We ended up getting around 90% of the stumble out before running out of time.

We spent more time working on this problem then We did looking for hp.

Working on the hp part of it was fun because almost everything We did showed a gain. And just when We were making good progress We had to stop because people were complaining about the noise.

If it wasn't for the fact that Dennis had his new turbo to play with I would have stayed in a hotel and We would have finished dialing the next day.

We both felt like with direction we were going and a few things we had left to try that we may have ended up closer to the 200hp if we had a little more time.

frank, how far over are your Tbodies? Dennis did a set of 1mm for me.

What I'm seeing is that were all just beginning to master the capabilities of this power commander device.
Were starting to compile a library of maps handmade to each individual application.
It enables users to damn near download and go, or at the very least provide a baseline that should only require minute adjustments.
I'm waiting on dennis to send me mine as we speak.

I don't know about only taking a minutes to adjust.

I personally don't like useing the buttons on the pc2. Each bar adjustment is going to change it 2% everywhere through that rpm range.

I always went inside the map itself and made adjustments.

I worked on it off & on all day and finally got to take a short ripp.

What a HUGE improvement, the map is the sh!t.

The bike pulls hard all the way through. I can't even get it to hesitate like was doing on the dyno.

I've tried maps for 1360's from some of the top shops out there and they don't even come close to what you & I did on this map!

Like I said earlier... everyones going to benifit from what you & I learned on the dyno that day.(just a matter of time)

i try to give it worse situations on the dyno so you get this type of result.good to here it works on the street as well like they should.

Back