Proud new owner with a question

You did good, that's a nice bike. This is my first Busa as well, rode Suzukis for years and still have my 1200 Bandit I rode before this one.
Right on, I like the yellow and black paint scheme. My ‘01 Gixxer 600 was the same. I haven’t rode since ‘05. Just got the Busa July 3rd. I hadn’t even opened her up yet! Will soon tho!

Well one thing for sure is an oil analysis after 3k miles with a K&N will show more silica in the oil.
That’s what blackstone lab results of my oil samples showed, so I went back to stock. I wouldn’t be surprised if I just screwed up and didn't oil it right after cleaning it.

Hello all! New to the site. Recently purchase a used 2012 with 5,200 miles, near mint condition. Bike has Yoshi slip ons but, previous owner suggested I change air filter sometime soon. Any suggestions for a good filter with max air flow? Thanks

OEM stock air filter, if you go after market it may run lean or rich and may need a dyno tune any change in parameters affects the computer MAP :: BROCKS has a YouTube video that shows this

This might be a dumb question but why are you changing the air filter after just 5000 miles? Live in a really dusty area? Have you looked at it? How bad is it?

8534768738_9147db8dac_o.jpg

8533661573_2c5f683a3f_o.jpg

8534768708_7ffa1315de_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back