Proud new owner of a 1999 Busa

So you guys really wouldn't mod out a 99' busa?

I know it's the first year a 200mph bike was released with out a governor...hmmm

Any suggestions then?

Any suggestions then?
Yeah - post up some pics!!!

BTW,
welcome.gif
aboard & Congrats!
hello.gif

Now, about those pics...
poke.gif

I'll get the pics up here very soon...haven't had the bike delivered yet to my garage...should be here by this weekend or next.

So you guys really wouldn't mod out a 99' busa?

I know it's the first year a 200mph bike was released with out a governor...hmmm

Any suggestions then?
I would keep it stock for collector status , but as long as you keep the old swingarm it can always be put back on . what kind of tire are you thinking ? You said big are you going to a 240 with the kit ? the shorty exhaust is nice , I want to just cut my can down about 6". Anyway as you can tell we like pics , so you better post them quik .

right now just have a 190/55 tire on it but would love to get a 240 kit. I'm basically going to use this bike for commuting for the first year and later turn it into a drag bike. But we'll see as if it's really a "collectors" bike maybe I shouldn't...or if I do I should hold onto all of the stock items.

Welcome! Congrats on the 99.

Depending on your goals you can race it and ride it on the street. Give some serious thought to the wide tire kit if you are going to race it. They do not work well at the track. I've seen a Busa go 7.5xx @ 196 on a 190 DOT tire.

Welcome!  Congrats on the 99.

Depending on your goals you can race it and ride it on the street. Give some serious thought to the wide tire kit if you are going to race it. They do not work well at the track. I've seen a Busa go 7.5xx @ 196 on a 190 DOT tire.
Thanks for looking out!

I love the looks of the larger tire but again I'll be commuting with the bike for the first year and slowly start getting it hooked up for drag racing.
race.gif

What part of Md. are you speakin about w/ 12 mile road ?? Or should I say where you located at ??
Welcome to the board ......Sorry though your color ........WHITES the fastest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!haha

013.JPG

The White Busa looks HOT!
firedevil.gif

The stretch of road I'm talking about is located in Point of Rocks, Maryland are you familiar with that area?

Just started... got a sweet white pearl paint job (thanks rob !) :bowdown:

lowered front and rear jus a lil'...
HID's of course ! and slip ons... :whistle:

looking to badge it up slightly, Maybe air jordan style or just a few carbon fiber kanji signs...

doing the lip polish on the rims this weekend (pics to follow) and new custom seat,,(any ideas ?)...

glad to see I am not the only one on here with a "VINTAGE BUSA".. :lol: !!!

I need some dyno work done...Anyone-Anyone ???:please:

100_5398.jpg

100_5393.jpg

100_5396.jpg

Back