Proud new owner of a 1999 Busa

NOVARC51RACER

Registered
I just purchased a 1999 Copper Hayabusa from my boy and can't wait to start working on it and installing various mods.

I plan on using it for commuting the first year and slowly build it into a drag bike.

Would love to hear from those who have converted their busa's from street trim to drag racing.

Welcome to the oRg, you will spend a vast amount of time on here. We have some great racers on the board, and I am sure the Professor will point you in the right direction. Please, post up some pics before the hounds come out, we love the pumkin!
beerchug.gif

Welcome and congrats! Ummm, we like to maintain order and playing by the rules is important, so get those pics up.

HHHmmmm a 99 copper huh ?? NIce ! Heres mine , I ride the street everyday ( only transportation for years ) and it does 9.5 in the qaurter.

2.jpg

That's a nice looking bike! I want to do the stretched swingarm, get a shorty exhaust system installed and a large/wide tire for the rear and do some custom bodywork.

I like the details in your bike though...

bowdown.gif

welcome.gif
newbie.gif
be safe and enjoy. You'll probably get plenty of input. How many miles does it have on it. If I had a 99 I would have to tuck on a nice straight and try for 200

worthless.gif

It only has 18k miles on it. Bike was owned by my friend who drag races cars and never got around to modding out this BUSA. It's completely stock except for the D&D system. I hope to reach the 200mph marker next spring as I borrowed it one time and got up to 194 before having to brake as the road was getting ready to end.

You need to be in a very safe place to do so, and understand that the speedo has at least a 7% error. 194 will probably be very hard to obtain. How much do you weigh and how tall are you.

You need to run it with a GPS set for max speed because you won't be looking down at those speeds. My best GPS on a stock '06 is 178
cool.gif

I'll attach my Zumo 550 to it and see what it says this spring. We have a stretch of road up in Maryland that is a 12 mile straight away that a few busa's and zx-14's street race at.

oh, and i personally would'nt mess with a 99, first year out...collectors bike. but hey it YOUR bike.
beerchug.gif

I wouldnt mess with it either. but if you're gonna go all out and make it into a drag bike, you'll want to get race plastics for it. in which case you'll probably want to recoup some of your money by selling those stick body panels.

I'd be happy to take them off your hands for you. And everyone else back off! I asked first!
cool.gif

hello.gif
Welcome to the oRg.......

Here's a pic of my '99..... Where's Yours?

IMG_0008.JPG

Back