Proud Aussies join the clean up.

aussiesuzukirider

Never Forgotten
For those who are not up to date we here in Brisbane have just had the largest flooding in our history and now with the water dropping the clean up begins. Our Lord Mayor has set up 4 registration points across the city and was hoping to get 6000 volunteers, well in true Aussie spirit those numbers have been blown out of the water each point is getting that number or more. At the registration points they bus people to different areas that need help the most, people turn up carrying mops and buckets and make you proud to be an Aussie. My wife and sons are heading off to help a friend who had water up to her roof this is something that has been repeated everywhere, you just can't believe the damage that it has caused. I will be joining the clean up when I finish a couple of jobs I need to do. With every interviewed victim the media talk to they just shrug their shoulders and say "well we just need to get on with it, no sense in dwelling on it, at the end of the day we are safe" Because the power is out in most areas strangers have come in and set up BBQ's and supplied food and water for every one, this is the Aussie way and I'm proud to be one.

just be care full. when we had some bad flooding back in 93 there were alot of snakes in attics and walls. our worst snake doesn't even come close to yours. but it was a very rewarding experience. the company I worked for at the time paid for a week if you worked two.

Back