Prototype Center Stand .

Like this but does not work without a left hand thread side.

DSC_4860.JPG

@WuzzaCBXRider I just ordered the stand you put the link too. Should be here Friday or Saturday. Let you guys know hot it works :)
Thanks ;)

No foolin? Hope it works! :D I used my QS every day after riding on tour right after I got into a motel and unloaded. Pretty easy as you know to quickly lift and lube the chain. This one appears to be about as easy with the screw bolt but is probably much heavier.

Reactions: c10
No foolin? Hope it works! :D I used my QS every day after riding on tour right after I got into a motel and unloaded. Pretty easy as you know to quickly lift and lube the chain. This one appears to be about as easy with the screw bolt but is probably much heavier.
No fooling. I m leaving Friday morning for a 3 day camping trip with my son, wife, and dogs so it will be on my table when we get back Sunday evening.

I have not put my base plate on ( foot ) that will extend a few inches past each leg . Storage is important , and if it was like a traditional stand shape it would be harder to pack . :) I really wish Suzuki would of left the frame tabs . Do you still have a center stand Kiwi ? 99 / 2000 models came with them .
Bryan I have a Gen 1 center stand are you in need of one for design research?

Reactions: c10
Am I the only one who just parks the bike on asphalt and lifts the rear wheel up by the grab bar and spins the wheel with my foot? The rear of the bike is lighter than you might think actually, I move the bike around all the time like this in the garage. Yes this is cumbersome and takes a little time but it's pretty easy and any stand is going to be a packing issue (not as squared away for luggage as you c10!). Obviously if you had an issue beyond cleaning and oiling the chain you are SOL.

Am I the only one who just parks the bike on asphalt and lifts the rear wheel up by the grab bar and spins the wheel with my foot? The rear of the bike is lighter than you might think actually, I move the bike around all the time like this in the garage. Yes this is cumbersome and takes a little time but it's pretty easy and any stand is going to be a packing issue (not as squared away for luggage as you c10!). Obviously if you had an issue beyond cleaning and oiling the chain you are SOL.
I have used fire wood on the side stand like the quick stand others have. When I'm alone on the road miles from help I need to be my boyscout self by being prepared at all times ;)

Last edited:
Back