Protective Motorcycle Jeans

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
Hi, Currently i wear plain jeans.. no armor underneath and dont really want the hassle of wearable knee armor or carring around a change of clothes..I use my bike to commute to school and dont want to walk around the campus racing pants. so i was thinking about these pants..

look the most normal:
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details....-9.html

better winter protection:
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Icon_Barrier_Pants--36-ICON8.html

rain protection: black cargos look nice
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details....-4.html

anyway.. does anyone have thoughts if they are really better than plain jeans... i can get levis for about $25.. these are running around $80..

thanks for any input.

Well if your like me and like wearing your clothes loosely, you can get away with wearing these protective items underneath all your pants and not worry about changing when you get to work or school.
iconfieldkneepad.jpg

IMAGE2_AdvShortsblue.jpg

thanks.. yes i saw those underneath the jeans protection.. but i sweat a lot.. and in the classrooms it like 70 degrees.. i dont think i can handle the additonal heat cuased by the underneat armour..

by the way ho does the underneath armor with plain loose jeans on top perform on a fall?
thx

dude, I know it's your choice, but it's come back an haunt ya. Bring a backpack with an extra change of clothes....and put your gear in a locker or somethin when you get there.

Plain jeans will last, oh say, a split second, give or take. They usually rip on contact.

take it from me...been there, done that. Wrecked in jeans a year ago...took almost 4 months for the rash to heal.

I wear draggins jeans with the optional armor inserts. They are comfortable and look good. I've read a few after accident reviews (including someone from this forum last year) and they always seem to hold up really well.

They're not cheap though, with the armor and shipping I think I paid around $120.00.

The padded short above are made with the same protective pads as the popular original motorcyclist Pants but without knee protectors. Really popular for motocross and downhill mountain bike use where riders use separate heavy-duty knee/shin guards. Also for Road Racers to wear under leathers.

Made from durable, breathable blue lycra.

Great for wearing under leathers - saves pulling your underwear off, when you are hot and sticky!

thanks for all the input.. keep them coming...

hey Turbo-Torch.. can you post pic or website link of draggins with optional armor insert..

how comfortable are they to walk around in? (with armour inserted / without?)

thank you.
please keep in mind my campus is huge and i have to do a lot of walking..
..another thread coming up soon is shoes.. i need some comfortable yet protective walking/riding shoes.

PAC posted the link up above.

The knee armor is held in place to the kevlar by velcro (inside the jeans). You can remove it easily once you get to school. The kevlar makes them heavier and warmer than regular jeans but they are in no way uncomfortable.

Only thing I don't like about them is the sizing. It's on par with regular jeans like Wranglers but they only offer even sizes in the waist. I wear a 33 but had to go with a 34.

Great.. thanks Turbo-Torch.
i think i will get the draggins with the optional velcored inserts..

a question about the leg room...i have to buy baggy not relaxed fit..any idea how the relaxed fit runs?

also how are the holding up after many washes?
thank you everyone for all the help!!

The Icon jeans are the bomb,look like regular jeans,but break the wind and have some internal padding if you go down at a moderate speed.

Order of protection from best to worst;
Leathers (Pants and boots) $400+
Dragginjeans and non riding boots $160
Jeans and tennis shoes $50
Shorts and sandals $45
Naked PRICELESS

tounge.gif

I bring shorts and sandals in a backpack with me to work and change out of my alpinestar's track pants and boots at work.  $400+ in pants and boots is better than roadrash...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131378176 -->

Regular jeans will blow out in about 2 seconds. I wear draggin jeans and have crashed in them too. The denim is much heavier than Levi's and the real kick is the Kevlar. I blew out the denim in the knee's and butt however the kevlar saved my ass literally. Make sure u get the knee inserts they velcro on the inside and you can pull em out real easy. My right knee was very bruised and sore for about a month but I am ceratin it woulda been much worse with out the armor. As for the comfort I suggest getting the baggy or relaxed cut my waist is only 34 but the classic or reg cut was too snug. Also you can walk around in these all day no prob very comfy, a lil warm in the summer but good all around.

Crashed draggins :

wreck_day_025.jpg

I wear draggins jeans with the optional armor inserts.  They are comfortable and look good.  I've read a few after accident reviews (including someone from this forum last year) and they always seem to hold up really well.

They're not cheap though, with the armor and shipping I think I paid around $120.00.
Me too. Draggin jeans are the way to go. Kevlar lined around the upper legs and backside. Nothing in the bottom part of the leg as they expect you to be wearing a decent pair of boots.

I've got the brown ones in case I have a scary ride in.

I see no reason to trust anything less than the known best: leather

Not to hi-jack your thread off pants, but you also mentioned boots. I also wanted something that would look okay for regular wear and was comfortable to wear off the bike, and settled on the Diodora Express. I didn't look really hard, but you can see them at the bottom of the page here

i wear the icon anthem jeans and i have the icon superduty pants also. like the dragging jeans they are denim and kevlar...the anthem pant seems to be better made than the superduty one.
remember that these pants will stop the rash but you should still wear armor to protect your bones from impact.

Back