Protection from tip overs... etc

Tank Bayard

Registered
ok...so for my new 2014 'Busa, I've ordered the T-REX Slider kit (no cut)... this is to protect the fairings.

Is there anything available to protect the stock exhaust from getting messed up? It seems there could be something for the exhaust similar to the Stator Covers?

True?

Have not seen or heard of a product designed to do this, closest I can think of are exhaust "wraps or sleeves."

P.S. Outriggers might work though :)

bmw-f800-focused-events-unveil-outrigger-f800.jpg

ok...so for my new 2014 'Busa, I've ordered the T-REX Slider kit (no cut)... this is to protect the fairings.

Is there anything available to protect the stock exhaust from getting messed up? It seems there could be something for the exhaust similar to the Stator Covers?

True?

I got the t-Rex no cut sliders. I would have sold them to you for cheap. They are hard to take off and not damage your fairings. Everytime I had to change my oil, bam! Damage. Be careful.

I was a noob when I got them. It's a pain in my eyes. If anyone wants to buy mine. I'll give them up for cheap!

Can you share more info on the damage they cause? and why they are hard to remove? don't they just unscrew? How old are the sliders?

True?

Just so you are not completely dissapointed when your bike tips or slides from a fall/get off, the "frame sliders" are meant to do just that in protecting the frame not the plastics.
You want to keep things nice and shiny....don't fall or keep it in the garage.

I understood these will help protect the fairings from damage in accidental garage tip overs or maybe even low speed issues.... beyond that, your point is clearly understood. Thanks.

Just so you are not completely dissapointed when your bike tips or slides from a fall/get off, the "frame sliders" are meant to do just that in protecting the frame not the plastics.
You want to keep things nice and shiny....don't fall or keep it in the garage.

I agree 100%. If you wanted to protect the plastic they would need to be about 6 inches longer.

Back