PROS/CONS OF DOIN A 250 TIRE KIT?

TAZEONE

Registered
I'm thinking bout savin up to do a 250 tire kit conversion on my BUSA, but I wanted to know if this is only purely for DRAG bikes.

can anyone shed some light please?
I know it's very pricey, but is it a waste of money if i'm not dragging? I like the way it looks.

If you plan on doin' any turning on your bike its a waste of money. Even for drag racing your perfomance will suffer. You may have slightly better traction, but think of all rotational force required to spin that wheel up. Also expect the same loss in performance for braking as well. Sorry to burst your ........................................

thanks for the insight.
I really like the wide tire look.
is there anyway to do that without changin the swingarm?

Ok here are several things to think about

1) its pretty much a $4500-$5000 "poser mod"
2) the tire is rated to a max speed of 130 mph, beyond that well its not advised
3) the offset drivetrain, ok I'll wat for the "real" reports on how it handles the torque.
4) The only way to get the bike to turn anywhere near the standard busa is to OVER INFLATE the tire so that it has a narrower profle.. (ok the Owner of the shop who does this mod showed me this on the busa he had in the shop with the 150 conversion kit on it... actually I would be scared to ride on a tire that had that much more air pressure in it for fear of the tire blowing.
5) This one is personal - I think the swingarm is ugly

Reasons to buy it
1) you have $5000 to blow on a poser mod, and you've already done every other "real" mod that can be done on your busa.

Bad investment if you ask me and you'ld never get your money out in a sale or trade..But from #5 on down are just my humble opinions
cool.gif

Exactly what Dezzy Said... Don't waste that kind of cheese on a Useless poser mod. Unless all you want to do is hang 50lbs of chrome and crap on your Bike and sit around looking cute...

Besides, a Turbo is less than that... Want to turn some heads? Two words DUMP PIPE!

yeah no kidding... if I had $5k lieing around I think my bike would be heading to cheese's or motorheads for a boost install.

Yeah i think i would go boost before 250 tire unless like they said ya just plan to sit around and show it and not ride it much mabey i'd get that for my bike when i retire it so it has more tire to get around on when it's old
laugh.gif

Back