Pros and cons of the tre

thebusa

Registered
If anyone has any detailed information on the tre after they installed it on their hayabusa, please let me know what you thought of it any information would be greatly appreciated I could not find much in the search bar that spoke of the tre but this is only my third post and I am having a tough time finding my way around the site. I will figure it out with in a few days I have heard that the tre throws a fuel injection light on some of the newer hayabusas is this true so if you have any information, please share it with me. I do not want to spend the extra money on the tre. If I don't need it

ahh.. johnnycheese will get to post this weekend!!!!
biggrin.gif

depends on which tre your talkin about. I dont use one anymore(I dont exceed the speed limiter anymore - yea, I'm a weak suck), so I couldn't tell ya about how it effects the newer bikes....

what is a newer bike? isnt the ecm the same since 2002 models??

ahh.. johnnycheese will get to post this weekend!!!!    
biggrin.gif

depends on which tre your talkin about. I dont use one anymore(I dont exceed the speed limiter anymore - yea, I'm a weak suck), so I couldn't tell ya about how it effects the newer bikes....

what is a newer bike? isnt the ecm the same since 2002 models??
I have read that some of the 0304 05 hayabusa's reject the tre and set off a fuel injection light. When installed on these years any truth to this. Does anyone know? Just need to know if I am wasting my money. When I drop my bike off for the Dyno tune, should I install the tre or not? Don't know if the ecm has changed 03 04 05

I have a 03 with a TRE and no FI light issues....if your not planning on exceeding 186 then you don't need one.

I have a 03 with a TRE and no FI light issues....if your not planning on exceeding 186 then you don't need one.
Thank you for responding and a reference to the tre and the fuel injection light. I have just read stories that people use the tre and have fuel injection lights come on thanks again

Mine works for me on my '03, but I have been informed that here is a better way and will pursue it soon.

I heard that the TRE also works out other issues not only taking the top speed limiter off is this true???

The TRE will not affect your FI light if plugged into the right harness. As far as I know the ECM's are the same 32bit from 03' forward. Benefit if you get an ATRE is flexibility in which map for which gears you want to change while leaving neutral map alone, w/o ATRE it is one map for all including neutral. It eliminates the 1st-3rd timing retard giving a slightly smoother ride and eliminates the top end restriction by removing the lowered rev limit in sixth gear by letting it think it's in 5th all the time. That is also the draw back. You will be running rich and using that same 5th gear map for all gears. Does not give any HP gains and if you plan to use it all the time it should be on when you dyno it. I have changed my philosophy on my ATRE and have it set to 4th gear map for 1st & 2nd only. I can change it in 1 minute ahead of time if I know I will be in a place to bust the speed limiter.
smile.gif

will the non-"smart" TRE also send the 5th gear map at all times?
I have a JSD-1 and will be installing at a later date with some other mods...dyno tuning it of course.

i may not excided 186 alot (ive gotten to there.. but since i dont have a TRE, i cant go past it) but i do play in the 110-150 range alot.. would TRW be any help there?

After my last tour of the squared ring discussing this issue I'm almost afraid to hit the add reply button but...since I got balls?...LOL!!!

I installed Ivans "Smart TRE" on my bone stock '03 and so far it's worked out great..here's my perception..

Idle Quality: seems to be improved...(a tad more rythmic/smoother)

Off Idle Throttle Response: seems a bit smoother yet stronger.

Part Throttle Response: Eliviated the stock on/off choppyness a tad and seems more linear.

De-restriction: It de-restricts it but I could care less as I'll rarely (if ever) have need of going faster than 180.

In closing?..if your intent is to stay with the stock exhaust then I feel the smart tre is a bargain for what it dose but if your intent on dropping $1,500- $2,000 on a full after-market exhaust and power commander then as I understand it the ignition/fuel programable PC's renders the TRE's a useless do-dad.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

The ONLY reason the TRE would throw the FI light is because it is hooked up to the WRONG plug. Look for the 'other' Triangle plug lower towards the bottom of the frame.

I can tell the difference because the bike does not hesitate when romping on the throttle at low RPM as well as elimates the low speed irratic jump in RPM.

The ONLY reason the TRE would throw the FI light is because it is hooked up to the WRONG plug. Look for the 'other' Triangle plug lower towards the bottom of the frame.

I can tell the difference because the bike does not hesitate when romping on the throttle at low RPM as well as elimates the low speed irratic jump in RPM.
yeah! that too!!
biggrin.gif

In closing?..if your intent is to stay with the stock exhaust then I feel the smart tre is a bargain for what it dose but if your intent on dropping $1,500- $2,000 on a full after-market exhaust and power commander then as I understand it the ignition/fuel programable PC's renders the TRE's a useless do-dad.

L8R, Bill.  
cool.gif

Explain WHY having an full aftermarket exhaust renders it a do-dad???

Just to ask it...

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115740969 -->

ultimately don't waste your money and save towards a good exhaust and a Power Commander and then have it tuned on the dyno. Or better yet call Johnny Cheese when you buy the exhaust and the PC and all your worries will be behind you.

Then don't waste your money on a TRE at the point you are going to be it will be useless. The Yosh EMS will take care of everything.

Back