Pro's and Con's of NOS

bs72069

Registered
i know that NOS or even a turbo can destroy a engine. but ill never have the money to get a turbo. so who here has NOS?and like to know any problems or anything else that be helpfull. who has the best kit out there?

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097245319 -->

NX Wet Kit, little more but the components are the best. Have an experienced installer do the work and ask him all the dos and do nots, he'll lead you on the right path.
cool.gif

Just like anything don't skip the stuff that could help save ya major work down the road i run a dry kit with a A&J performance Nos box doing a 60 shot with a timing retarder since i have 12.5:1 compression haven't had it tested yet but this is what the guys that run the nos told me to set it up as and the A&J box is easy to install and works great granted it's spendy but just a nice saftey feature here's a link

It can be great as long as you play respoibly and have it setup nice with the A&J box ya can run a stock bike and not have to have it tuned to get the extra fuel to run nos there kit dose it for ya pretty nice i think thats why i went with it

Pros

Lots of Fun and Big grins

Cons
Getting Trigger happy and Spending lotsa money on nos all the time

Possible running to lean and blowing motor if not tuned properly or installed properly

i was checking a post on sh.org and it seems the dry system is the easiest to install. plus ordering a book called Motorcycling turbocharging, supercharging, and nitrous oxide :a complete guid to force induction and it use on modern motorcycle engines. it should give me some knowledge.

Just got this book and it should shed some light on NOS. Just got to wait to get back to te states to read it.

DVC01556.JPG

I heard that a 30-50 shot of dry is okay with a stock motor . I did plan on it then I got rearended , now i'm waitng on my NEW busa
biggrin.gif

im debating to myself about a NOS kit or wait like 6 months and save for a turbo but thanx for the info im also gonna have to check that book out

Back