Proper Way To Remove Injectors (1st Gen)?

Shaun Ketterman

Registered
I'm trying to remove them so I can clean them and replace rings/filters/seals/etc.

First one off was #4 aaaaaaannnnnd HUGE mess. Gas everywhere. I'm following the Clymer manual and it doesnt say anything about the gas tank other than to raise it.

I just filled up today too. Is there a way to get the injectors and rail off the bike without spilling gas everywhere, or should I just get a bucket?

Shaun

Took injectors out, cleaned them and put new gaskets/orings.

Now bike wont stay running for more than a split second, greyish smoke coming from exhaust with a burnt smell.

Ugh.

For the last 2 years I've used Brock's Alisyn 10w30 oil with a can of Petron Plus and a can of Wynn's Power charge with 2 gals of gas(my high cruising speed of 90-150 mph for 60 miles the other day:laugh:)and the bike seems to like it,runs like a bat out of hell and shifts smooth as butter.:super:

Hope you get it figured out Shaun,lets us know what the issue was when you do.:thumbsup:

I'm trying to remove them so I can clean them and replace rings/filters/seals/etc.

First one off was #4 aaaaaaannnnnd HUGE mess. Gas everywhere. I'm following the Clymer manual and it doesnt say anything about the gas tank other than to raise it.

I just filled up today too. Is there a way to get the injectors and rail off the bike without spilling gas everywhere, or should I just get a bucket?

Shaun
Release the plastic fuel rail pipe from the fuel tank by pressing in the two opposing clip protrusions, then pull the pipe off the tank, be ready with a short bit of fuel hose, blanked off and push it over the tank outlet, put a rag underneath before pulling the pipe off the tank, then you can remove all the injectors in the rail, at the same time.
Another one of suzukis poor designs, fuel shouldn't leak out when that pipe is pulled off.

Release the plastic fuel rail pipe from the fuel tank by pressing in the two opposing clip protrusions, then pull the pipe off the tank, be ready with a short bit of fuel hose, blanked off and push it over the tank outlet, put a rag underneath before pulling the pipe off the tank, then you can remove all the injectors in the rail, at the same time.
Another one of suzukis poor designs, fuel shouldn't leak out when that pipe is pulled off.

Okay so basically I need to 'plug' the outlet from the tank? This service manual opted to neglect that fact, like you can just disconnect everything and all the gas stays in the tank.

The fuel runs out of mine too, with the pipe removed, so I just push a plug over the end, saves the mess and hassle.

Back