Proper way to get Out of a Tank Slapper, Apply

GixxFix

Registered
Apply Full Throttle and lean back .........?
When coming down from a wheelie a little crossed I always had success eliminating the slight slappers by re-accelerating hard.....Works everytime for me.
What do you guys do or say?

<!--EDIT|GixxFix
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128872844 -->

uuuuuhhhhhhh?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

rock.gif

yes your right on. MORE throttle, and a loose grip on bars no death grip !!!ive had a pretty bad slap going (with passenger no less ) and whacked trottle hard pulled out of it ! also coming out of turn same thing HIT IT HARD !!ps both times on a KAWI with no dampner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a tank slapper, do nothing, and allow the steering damper to do its job... If you fight it, it will probably get worse, but if ya let it work itself out, it just may... ;)

yes your right on. MORE throttle, and a loose grip on bars no death grip !!!ive had a pretty bad slap going (with passenger no less ) and whacked trottle hard pulled out of it ! also coming out of turn same thing HIT IT HARD !!ps both times on a KAWI with no dampner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do Lighten Up you Grip...
Do W.O.T. and your Dampener will Do it's Job.
idea.gif

In theroy that sounds correct. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to try that theory as I was telling myself this is going to hurt when you hit the ground. It happens so quick that you have to react within fractions of a second. I had only been riding for a few months when this happened and that was 12 years ago.

In theroy that sounds correct.  Unfortunately I did not get the chance to try that theory as I was telling myself this is going to hurt when you hit the ground.  It happens so quick that you have to react within fractions of a second.  I had only been riding for a few months when this happened and that was 12 years ago.
your right, there is no time to think. its got to be reflex its like panic braking.you hit the back and your done !!

Yeah, you gotta get the weight off the front and ease it back down,learned my lesson years ago on a z1 900, got that sucker up to about 110 and let off the throttle and low and behold a nasty hi speed wobble, sped back up to straighten her out and then was wondering if I could ever slow down, backed off easy and was right as rain.

Back