proper tire pressure Part 2: technology

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Decided to upgrade my home inflation system (bicycle tire pump!) based on a member's suggestion in a previous post.

Thirty bucks at Lowe's, and never have to visit your average convenience store and check tires in full leathers ever again!!

Pump1.jpg

Pump2.jpg

Pump3.jpg

Found this adapter at Wal-Mart for $8, so can leave it plugged in for use in garage.

Pump5.jpg

Good quality unit, valve connector is all metal. This would be something I could throw in a saddlebag or tail bag to take on a long trip, with a repair kit would be good to go.

Pump4.jpg

I have seen smaller (CyclePump) but at a third the cost I'll take this until I start riding for a living like Pashnit!
smile.gif

Too bad it won't run any power tools... but for the money and purpose I'll have to think about that one and throw it in the truck!

beerchug.gif

Right on! I have been wanting to get one of the Slime Compressors and a Tire plugger kit to put in the Hump. What are the dimensions of this one?

(bigoltool @ Sep. 16 2007,12:24) Right on! I have been wanting to get one of the Slime Compressors and a Tire plugger kit to put in the Hump. What are the dimensions of this one?
He shows a picture of it sitting on a Tobin front seat.

poke.gif

Don

(USN05LE @ Sep. 16 2007,15:16)
(bigoltool @ Sep. 16 2007,12:24) Right on! I have been wanting to get one of the Slime Compressors and a Tire plugger kit to put in the Hump. What are the dimensions of this one?
He shows a picture of it sitting on a Tobin front seat.

poke.gif

Don
Yes, but I believe the question was to determine whether it would fit in the hump (grabbing camera and ducking out to garage to remove hump).

There we are! Yes it fits!

Humppump1Medium.jpg

Just about perfectly!

Humppump2Medium.jpg

You could wrap a t-shirt or cloth around it, and there is room under it for a soft bundle about the size of your fist.

Dim: 7 1/2" x 6 1/4" x 2 3/4"

Back