Proper oil disposal?

Actually you can take it to any Quick Lube Facility and the will get rid of it for you for Free :thumbsup: IT'S the LAW !!!!!!!!!!!!

I put mine in one of those resealable oil drain pans and take it to Shucks, I think they are O'riles now. But they will take upto 5 quarts. Some times the local Dump/Transfer center will take it. In Idaho they just have a big recycle bin that you can put disposable containers in. I love this state!! No we are not all "Red Necks.":stoopid::alcoholic:

Fence lines, or to burn brush. Here in Texas most of the fire stations have a recycle center.

Actually you can take it to any Quick Lube Facility and the will get rid of it for you for Free :thumbsup: IT'S the LAW !!!!!!!!!!!!

+1. Any place that performs oil changes here in NY must take all waste oils for free. I also bring my cooking oil.

I take mine to the O'Reilly's. I've taken up to 4 gallons at a time, no problems. Even the Wal Mart auto center will take used oil here.

I've got fifteen years of used oil stored in my garage from bikes, mowers, etc. Auto Zone it is! Thanks.

Autozone told me no problem when I purchased a 5gal container from them.

So the next question is, do I have to keep separate containers for coolant, oil and diesel the latter used to clean my chain? Or, can I just put it all together? ???

Thanks to everyone for all the info. I figured there must be a simpler/easier way than a special trip to the country facility.

Got about 3.5 quarts from the past weekend that'll make it's way to Autozone.

GPW, one of these days I'll have to head up your way to check out your place but I doubt I'll strap my used oil to the back of my bike for the trip. Still, thanks for the offer. :)

Autozone told me no problem when I purchased a 5gal container from them.

So the next question is, do I have to keep separate containers for coolant, oil and diesel the latter used to clean my chain? Or, can I just put it all together? ???
diesel and used motor oil can be mixed... DO NOT MIX the coolant in...

they will take it (if they dont know about it) but it is a big problem for the recycle process..

In fact, when waste oil is picked up, many companies test right on the spot for glycol in the waste oil.. if there is any, they will not take it... Just too $$ to process it out and then dispose of..

There are tanks for dumping old glycol coolants and they are in turn recycled and resold after cleaned and new additive packages are put in (I used a lot of this stuff on "lease return" cars)

Back