proper foot gear for street riding (09 Hayabusa)

Once you get a proper m/c "boot" you'll hate riding in anything else...
I've had a paid of SIDI Vertebrae (Sp?) boots for honestly 8 years and I have HUGE calves. They have held up amazingly, and I love them. I would buy another pair of SIDI boots in a heartbeat... I love the "feel" that race boots give you on the pegs and shifting/braking. My feet fall asleep from vibration when I wear tennis shoes or hiking boots, but NEVER when I wear the SIDIs. I would recommend them over anything. I don't honestly know if they still make the Vertebrae or not, but man, that long out of a boot is a long time, and like I said, I'm a big dude, so these are "punished" :whistle:
The ONLY complaint I have with them is the "backbone/spine" squeaks when you walk, but that is a small price to pay for the protection and comfort of them.:bowdown:
Moral of my story? Buy a decent branded, well recommended sportbike specific boot, and never look back! :thumbsup:
:beerchug:

i've worn almost nothing but 20 eye Dr. Martens from the time i was 13 til now. wow 20 yrs now:laugh:.
i never have had a proper motorcycle boot. ???

soo ?you folks that do wear a "proper" motorcycle boot, how do ya like them? and why?

and Hay Joe, :welcome: to the Org. what an awesome christmas present!:cheerleader:
post up a pic if ya can, we love pics here on the org.
have ya got a chance to ride it much? going from a cruzer to a busa myself, it was a big differance. i dig it! before i took my busa off the lot, :poke: i thought i knew what fast was:laugh:
hope you'll stick around and chat with us. alot of us have made some pretty good friends here.:thumbsup:

Same as you. Never had a pair of motorcycle boots and came from a Vulcan cruiser. I have 30+ years of seat time and just got my 05.

Getting back to what I do wear, Red Wing boots with composite toe. Does the job for me as they do double duty work and play. :thumbsup:

I love my Dainese Boots, close to 500.00 but they are slim comfy and very durable!!!
I think they are called Torque Boots.100% satisfied!:beerchug:

I love my Dainese Boots, close to 500.00 but they are slim comfy and very durable!!!
I think they are called Torque Boots.100% satisfied!:beerchug:

Yup,they are called Torque out boots and they were close to 500.00 bucks (Canadian)over a year ago at the Toronto Motorcycle Show in January.

Back