Proper Burnout Technique

Every rear tire needs to end life in a smoking burnout.... even mopeds.. :whistle:
be careful.. practice on a dirtbike!

The best burn out is to come up to a police vehicle and put your front tire on his back bumper and rapp the throttle a couple of times. :laugh:

Very wise advice... If for any reason the back tire gets traction or the rider lets off that front brake just a little you will have a real bad day, to say the least...

Yep, friend of mine totalled his zx9 in front of my house tryin one a few years ago. Idiot:rofl: Sounded like a train wreck:rofl:

I hope your joking, but if you aren't then this is what I have to say.

"If you have to ask how, don't do it"

I made it with my old bike, before busa, it is same on any bike.. you can see how I did it on my webpages, they are on Croatian, and translated with google translate link

I did my first burnout with the back tire on one of those wide white lines in an empty parking lot. That paint is really slick (even when dry). I figured that was the easiest way for me to practice, I didnt have to worry about the front tire moving or any irratic movements by the bike. After I got that one out of the way, it just became natural to me, and it will become natural to you also. I guess if you ride alot, and are familiar with your bike, most anything you try will feel natural with a little practice.

Oh, and I still go to that parking lot everynow and again to look at my first mark.:thumbsup:

There is so much wrong with that....
"your dad's gonna be pissed at ya..." before he loses it.....

The guy must have let loose of the front brake. If that is his dad's bike I can only imagine what happened when he found out?

First time I've seen a Busa target a car. Hysterical!

DSC09176.jpg

Very wise advice... If for any reason the back tire gets traction or the rider lets off that front brake just a little you will have a real bad day, to say the least...

Not sure if you did it yet, don't forget to control the front brake. :thumbsup: I have done many burn outs on Harleys:laugh:, no front brakes. No enough power in the potatoes:rofl: to do anything, easy to control. Well went from a Vrod to a 07 zx14:laugh:, I was doing a burn out in the middle of a little towns 4 way intersection:thumbsup:, let the clutch go about 5 grand holding the front brake and away it went. After a few seconds I seemed to let the front brake go??? and my bike and me stood straight up and feel on the left side, it happened so fast I had no idea what just happened???. It cost me 4 grand to fix it:banghead:! Hold the front break or block the front wheel!:please:

I prefer Macon454's technique. Go someplace where there will be no trouble, cruise to around 10-20 mph in first, pull in the clutch, give a little throttle and while releasing the clutch. You'll get the feel. Soon you'll be leaving the 100 yd. blackie!

im gonna be doing my first burnout soon also and ive read that some people do them in 2nd gear, not moving.. is this necessary on a busa? or is first gear fine?

2nd gear is ok. Takes a little more clutch to get her lit up, but when its rolling it's rollin. 1st gear is easy to get it wicked up, just have to keep an eye on the RPM's. I would not reccommend a rolling/moving burnout for someone doing their first. Pour a little water down, can pour across your tire if you can get to the top also. Bring it up to~3k, HARD on the front brake, stand up and let the clutch rip. If the tire is hot you'll need the water for sure. Polished, low traffic roadways are the easiest. Stripes, lane markers and parking guides are slick, but get sticky when hot. :beerchug:

My biggest worry is accidently letting go the clutch while doing the burnout so I would pefer bumping the front tire up against a wall for insurance. :whistle:

Back