Propane 101 Question

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Figured I'd throw this out here and see if anyone knows....I have a propane tank with a regulator that feeds a propane wall heater. Can I tap into that line and feed a system that has another regulator? I'm guessing no, but really have no idea. So the question is, can you feed regulated propane into another regulator and have the second system function.

You should be able to as long as the pressure going into the second system is correct after going through the second regulator. If I remember right the regulator on the tank is a high pressure regulator and then there is another step down regulator on the line just outside the house before it goes into the propane furnace at my old house. I just moved or I'd go outside and look for you.

I'll try it once they get the tank set and follow back up at some point. Thanks for the posts.

not recommended. If you do make sure the second device requires way less pressure then the first.

My central heat and gas logs and a gas wall heater is run on one line from the 300 gallon tank. there is a regulator at the tank, then one at the house. Not sure about under the house but your welcome to come over and check it out.

Back