Proof That Pilot Powers Rock

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Whilst milling through a winn-dixie supermarket in eufaula, alabama (picking up snacks and water for back at the hunt campgrounds) I couldn't resist picking up a copy of Dec Sport Rider where the cover boasted a 27 Tires Tested article and...

Our suspicions, experiences and shared opinions have been right on the mark and...Pilot Powers scored real high marks for Traction, Steering, Braking and yes...even "Wear".

They seemed to be only slightly bested by Dunlops newly released "Qualifier" as a set was flown in for the test while still in the curing stages....traction scored just slightly higher however..the pilot powers apparently demonstrated better wear.

And now I'm only left wondering if the huge, two page, color advertisment for dunlops new "Qualifier" tires right up front had anything to do with the rave reviews.

BTW...there was also a bit in there citing that the pilot powers motogp compounds made the Metzler Sportec M1's sort of like..yesterdays news.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133121930 -->

I was reading that article myself. Too bad they couldn't test a few more tires
biggrin.gif

Are the powers rated to handle the busa's torque/weight loads? I think some tires (like the b56?) are rated specifically for our bikes...
Any issues here? I want to go to powers next time..just want to make sure they are strong enough

I've run pilot powers, d208s, Sportec M1s(non busa type tire) with no problems at all. I believe the extra they put into busa type tires is for the 180+ speed, not torque or weight.

The tires they tested were for Street/Track and showed real ware after just one day of hard riding. Well, that's OK if you want tires that STICK, but need replacing every 3 months
wink.gif
. But I would like to see them test real world riding tires from the same manuf.s in their ST make up. I really want tires to last 5,000 to 6,000 miles on the rear, and wonder how Avons would do  
blush.gif

what about the bridgestone g850 ? They seem to hold up to torque well
press release
I do see the def lack of a 190 tho

<!--EDIT|xzvs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133141575 -->

Can you believe a measly little Triumph Speed Triple did this? Pilot Powers stick when your @ss is on the line. Ask me how I know that?
I run my turbo Busa up in the 180 range quite often on Pilot Powers with no problems whatsoever.
Mad`

Pilotpowers.jpg

I have Continental RoadAttacks on my Busa and although the article didn't rate them highly, they do what I want them to do and do it quite well. Now, I don't race my bike or ride it overly-agressively, but they feel so much better than the Bridgestones that came on it, especially in turns, and are wearing quite well. I have just over 2,000 miles on them and, so far, no visible wear.

My son also has them on his R6 and says they're a lot better than the Dunlop 208s his bike came with. I guess they don't have a racy enough name for the magazine to like them.

Ed

Back