Proof, removing the ECU restrictions equals no peformance gain!

Heads up and bracket racing is like comparing checkers to chess.
The checker players don't understand chess due to the complication involved to win and usually get fusterated. Some have the paitence to learn and understand it and others take the least resistive path of checkers.

Well you better watch the hell out then... :poke:

paul-lamond-games-chess-for-dummies.jpg

Wish you were here in Va., I'm defintely your Huckleberry. Dude your embarassing yourself because you can run the same number means nothing. I use to be a bracket racer back in the day but they start kicking us out of the tracks ( Richmond Dragway especially ). I race to improve myself but you don't stand a chance. I ride stock wheelbase and run 5.90s foot shifting with just Pipe/ Powercommander, 16/41 gearing. How in the world can you beat me dialing in 7.30 if I dial in a 6.80. Leaving in C mode lololol. I sixty foot 1.51-1.53 consisently. Fast as 1.48 but only did it one time. Have a few 1.49s but always getting in the wheelie zone after the sixty foot mark. By dialing in 6.80 I can suck you up in the sixty foot mark and just ride in front of you making sure to brake hard at the end. Not like your just going to come around me lolol.

In the past we use to sandbag. Basically running 10.50s -60s on ZX-11 but dialing in 11.00s -11.10s. Drag bikes had to less us go and we sixty foot close to what they were doing. Sad thing was after the 1/8 mile the KZs and Zuks didn't have the MPH to over take us. Whatever they picked up out the gate with their hole shot was done after the 1/8. Hard to over come a bike that runs 134-138 when they only ran 119-122 lol. You think that since you run 7.30s I won't catch you in the first 100 feet and then just let the bikes level off. From the way you sound you know nothing about riding so you defintely cant out accelerate me , after all were both on the same bike lol. Stay in your place there guy. What fun is launching a bike in C mode with the secondaries close. Losing at the line is what happens to people like you that can't ride.

What's really sad is I think the junior dragsters are running the times a grown man is with a Busa. There is a kid with a lawn mower motor on the back of a push cart doing what your doing at 7 years old. You should be ashamed of yourself. I don't mind waiting on them to go down the track and comeback but to wait on a Busa would have me heated at the track. I will be out there in June for Deals Gap Ride. Wanna lock something in I look forward to it. Don't see why someone else cant sponsor my trip.

Wish you were here in Va., I'm defintely your Huckleberry. Dude your embarassing yourself because you can run the same number means nothing. I use to be a bracket racer back in the day but they start kicking us out of the tracks ( Richmond Dragway especially ). I race to improve myself but you don't stand a chance. I ride stock wheelbase and run 5.90s foot shifting with just Pipe/ Powercommander, 16/41 gearing. How in the world can you beat me dialing in 7.30 if I dial in a 6.80. Leaving in C mode lololol. I sixty foot 1.51-1.53 consisently. Fast as 1.48 but only did it one time. Have a few 1.49s but always getting in the wheelie zone after the sixty foot mark. By dialing in 6.80 I can suck you up in the sixty foot mark and just ride in front of you making sure to brake hard at the end. Not like your just going to come around me lolol.

In the past we use to sandbag. Basically running 10.50s -60s on ZX-11 but dialing in 11.00s -11.10s. Drag bikes had to less us go and we sixty foot close to what they were doing. Sad thing was after the 1/8 mile the KZs and Zuks didn't have the MPH to over take us. Whatever they picked up out the gate with their hole shot was done after the 1/8. Hard to over come a bike that runs 134-138 when they only ran 119-122 lol. You think that since you run 7.30s I won't catch you in the first 100 feet and then just let the bikes level off. From the way you sound you know nothing about riding so you defintely cant out accelerate me , after all were both on the same bike lol. Stay in your place there guy. What fun is launching a bike in C mode with the secondaries close. Losing at the line is what happens to people like you that can't ride.

What's really sad is I think the junior dragsters are running the times a grown man is with a Busa. There is a kid with a lawn mower motor on the back of a push cart doing what your doing at 7 years old. You should be ashamed of yourself. I don't mind waiting on them to go down the track and comeback but to wait on a Busa would have me heated at the track. I will be out there in June for Deals Gap Ride. Wanna lock something in I look forward to it. Don't see why someone else cant sponsor my trip.

You obviously don't have a clue about bracket racing if you are asking how a 7.30 bike can beat a 5.80 bike.
I never realized how many ignorant people we have that don't understand bracket racing.

PS
Did you overdose on stupid pills before writing this?

Well, that settles it then. Since I don't really get into drag racing. I'm gonna have someone build me a 5-600hp turbo bike with all the delay boxes,multi-stage/lock-up clutch,auto/air shift and whatever else that will give me an advantage so all I have to do is get on it,peg the throttle and then:

booya......what? 7's in the 1/4 ? ok if not, then we just need to stuff some more cash in it. :laugh:

chit.......drag racing ain't hard.
Hit it baby, sorry I'm literal :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
well, I think the hispanic and brazilian members would beg to differ.... not that im either but what can I say PR's and Brazilians are what I see every day.....:poke::laugh:

I really don't want to get in on this pizzing contest but the way it reads to me is that there are clearly 2 different opinions of what drag racing is. And I'm no drag racer so it's only my opinion as to what I'm reading here.

1st version is being that it's a all out balls to the wall run, what ya brung, whatever it takes to get to the finish line first. You are the winner. period !

Well that's gonna be correct to a point and to "that" form of drag racing. Also 9.9/10 equates to whoever has the deepest pockets to buy the most horsepower is gonna be the winner, yes it also takes some skill to be able to get that hp down the track and delay boxes,auto shifters,high dollar clutches can pretty much do that for pretty much anyone with a lil practice. Again, all those rely on the deepness of the pockets. And as I see and have seen it if the bike/car is set-up correctly you can pretty much put anyone on/in it slam the throttle and hold on.

2nd being the bracket racing which on gonna rely a little more on driver being in tune/knowing exactly what there machine can/will do. Sure you can sandbag and be in front down track but that doesn't do you any good when you break out by .001, or the air changes and you pick up a .10 compared to your earlier runs,tracks hooking better/worse. I guess that is where someone who knows how to duplicate everything exactly the same(RT,ET,MPH) to get that vehicle thru the lights on their dial in #. dial in your 6.0 and run the 5.99 while your competitor runs a 6.05 on their 6.0, yeah you get there first and win in the first case scenerio but in this one you lose. Being able to dial a # and be able to make that machine consistently run that # is gonna be 2 different things the way I see it.

SO I guess in the end it really all comes down to the dollar, look at pretty much any style racing that involves getting their first wins. Even the professional drivers, you got the big names with all the backing/sponsorship & money winning out over the private guys which I'm sure if they had the same available funds, meaning they(big money) could go out and puke a $60k engine, get pulled into the pits and grab another from the 6 in the trailer and be ready for next round no big deal as to where the private guy only has 2 motors that need to get him thru the weekend. So he is gonna have to work just a bit harder to figure everything out and try to make what he has compete with what they do. Usually the bigger the dog, the longer he's in the fight. Just the facts.

Now pro bracket racers are a little different, you can have someone sitting in all the money that can be thrown at it but if they can't drive it then it still get's loaded up early. Compared to the guy that isn't all sponsored out but Knows his car and how to get it to the line in his alloted time is gonna be in the fight longer than the money one will.

So in the end it's like a quarter, looks different on both sides but either way you look at it it's still only worth .25 :laugh:

Again, only the way I see it and with that and a quarter you still can't find a payphone to use it in.

I say we all chill out, group hug, no tongue, and understand that lots of us have differing opinions. It has been an entertaining thread, but I think the answer happened long ago. I don't possess the skills required for drag racing, well the first 60 feet anyway.

You guys play nice with each other.

I really don't want to get in on this pizzing contest but the way it reads to me is that there are clearly 2 different opinions of what drag racing is. And I'm no drag racer so it's only my opinion as to what I'm reading here.

1st version is being that it's a all out balls to the wall run, what ya brung, whatever it takes to get to the finish line first. You are the winner. period !

Well that's gonna be correct to a point and to "that" form of drag racing. Also 9.9/10 equates to whoever has the deepest pockets to buy the most horsepower is gonna be the winner, yes it also takes some skill to be able to get that hp down the track and delay boxes,auto shifters,high dollar clutches can pretty much do that for pretty much anyone with a lil practice. Again, all those rely on the deepness of the pockets. And as I see and have seen it if the bike/car is set-up correctly you can pretty much put anyone on/in it slam the throttle and hold on.

2nd being the bracket racing which on gonna rely a little more on driver being in tune/knowing exactly what there machine can/will do. Sure you can sandbag and be in front down track but that doesn't do you any good when you break out by .001, or the air changes and you pick up a .10 compared to your earlier runs,tracks hooking better/worse. I guess that is where someone who knows how to duplicate everything exactly the same(RT,ET,MPH) to get that vehicle thru the lights on their dial in #. dial in your 6.0 and run the 5.99 while your competitor runs a 6.05 on their 6.0, yeah you get there first and win in the first case scenerio but in this one you lose. Being able to dial a # and be able to make that machine consistently run that # is gonna be 2 different things the way I see it.

SO I guess in the end it really all comes down to the dollar, look at pretty much any style racing that involves getting their first wins. Even the professional drivers, you got the big names with all the backing/sponsorship & money winning out over the private guys which I'm sure if they had the same available funds, meaning they(big money) could go out and puke a $60k engine, get pulled into the pits and grab another from the 6 in the trailer and be ready for next round no big deal as to where the private guy only has 2 motors that need to get him thru the weekend. So he is gonna have to work just a bit harder to figure everything out and try to make what he has compete with what they do. Usually the bigger the dog, the longer he's in the fight. Just the facts.

Now pro bracket racers are a little different, you can have someone sitting in all the money that can be thrown at it but if they can't drive it then it still get's loaded up early. Compared to the guy that isn't all sponsored out but Knows his car and how to get it to the line in his alloted time is gonna be in the fight longer than the money one will.

So in the end it's like a quarter, looks different on both sides but either way you look at it it's still only worth .25 :laugh:

Again, only the way I see it and with that and a quarter you still can't find a payphone to use it in.
I would agree with most of that as it pertains to going fast and having deep pockets IF the person wants to be competitive. but at the competitive level in class racing most racers have close to the same amount of HP and the rest comes to tuning, suspension set-up, reaction time, lauch rpm, boost controller set-up, clutch setup, weight transfer, etc...

so yea the guy with a 500 hp bike will most likely beat the guy with a 250 hp bike even if his skillz are not as good but a 500 hp rider can surely be beat by a 400 hp rider. its not all about the deep pockets.

ive seen 700 hp cars get smoked by 500 hp cars. bikes are no different.

I would agree with most of that as it pertains to going fast and having deep pockets IF the person wants to be competitive. but at the competitive level in class racing most racers have close to the same amount of HP and the rest comes to tuning, suspension set-up, reaction time, lauch rpm, boost controller set-up, clutch setup, weight transfer, etc...

so yea the guy with a 500 hp bike will most likely beat the guy with a 250 hp bike even if his skillz are not as good but a 500 hp rider can surely be beat by a 400 hp rider. its not all about the deep pockets.

ive seen 700 hp cars get smoked by 500 hp cars. bikes are no different.

I agree. Now back to our regulary scheduled programming. ???

Remember, we are not in PR or Brazil got that? I do believe we need to keep the posterior admiration pics to a single digit pants size, because honestly when those thongs get throw into double digit territory they start getting disproportionate looking and the fabric just doesn't lay/fit as it was intended to. Deal?

Now here you can see how a respectable size pair of boy shorts were meant to be worn, and besides it's a nice pic to send to the ex. :rofl:

funny_sexy_7.jpg

Back