Proof, removing the ECU restrictions equals no peformance gain!

You are obviously ignorant towards drag racing and obviously weather conditions and horespower which will leave me to save my energy to even comment towards your comment.

You pretty much covered your entire thread with this comment...

I will make this bet with you

We will bracket race on a .500 NHRA track LED or Incodecent bulbs I dont care. 1/8 or 1/4 which ever you prefer.
Here is the bet.

Dial in bracket style/

10 runs at $1500.00 a run

Best out of 10 is paid all traveling fees with receipts you let me know if you want to travel or I will come to your track..

Bring your friends and put em at the finish line to watch me pump your azz on the big end as I embarass you with my 7.30 slow busa bracket bike.:beerchug:

1) Bracket racing is for slow people that want to try to compete with fast vehicles :rofl:
2) I could fly out and rent a Ford Focus to beat your consistency, what does it prove....NOTHING about a TRE/ECU restriction.
3) This has NOTHING to do with your testing or even racing. I could care less about lame bracket racing.
4) Maybe you like pumping guys azz but I don't so sorry about your luck since you won't embarass me at all. I'll be at the finish line on a STOCK bike while you run 6.70's on a modded one... :whistle:

Point of the entire post was you proved NOTHING since running in C-mode eliminates any changes either way TRE/restriction or NOT... :poke:

Have a nice day! :beerchug: :laugh:

:rofl: GPW's Twin Brother :poke::laugh:

What a :moon:

1) Bracket racing is for slow people that want to try to compete with fast vehicles :rofl:
2) I could fly out and rent a Ford Focus to beat your consistency, what does it prove....NOTHING about a TRE/ECU restriction.
3) This has NOTHING to do with your testing or even racing. I could care less about lame bracket racing.
4) Maybe you like pumping guys azz but I don't so sorry about your luck since you won't embarass me at all. I'll be at the finish line on a STOCK bike while you run 6.70's on a modded one... :whistle:

Point of the entire post was you proved NOTHING since running in C-mode eliminates any changes either way TRE/restriction or NOT... :poke:

You can't tell me power wheelies aren't even easier now.
I belive 100% in the "placebo effect" too. I Always expect the least from modifications, and guesstimate hp numbers on the low side.
I was shocked at how much more bottom end throttle response 1st and 2nd had after removing restrictions the first time...as it was very noticeable.
For drag times, I would see improvements as minimal if any.
A dyno tune and restrictions removed, and under the same conditions would have to show some gain on a time slip. Surely a tenth?

Well at least you're being cool about it. (Insert most sarcastic smilie found)

:rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I understand some are not technical nor understand performance increases and 98% only go by the seat of there pants and a lot of it is mental. I learned this many years ago when I had someone rejet carburetors after an exhaust change out. I picked the bike up and DAMN it felt faster and sounded much better with the K&N individual air filters on sucking air as I hauled ass down the road swearing my bike was faster now with the jet kit and air filters on.. I took it to the dragstrip and lost 2 MPH in the 1/4 mile.. I took it back to and the guy re jetted it, man this time it felt faster,, went back to the track and now I lost almost 4 mph in the 1/4.. This is when I said to myself I need to learn this myself. Final after many times of rejetting I gained.. The whole thing to this story a motorcycle may feel like its faster but 2 things dont lie, dyno number and the dragstrip. MPH is horsepower on a dragstrip.
Yes mother nature offers the cheapest horsepower increase as you questioned in your post. Weather conditions were very close if anything the most recent runs were in my favor with a higher then normal inHg pressure at around 29.7%... I dont know what the numbers were last year but I can tell you my bike runs consistently in the 7.30 range with a .030 +/- with the weather from afternoon hours to sunset late hours. Usually when you see anymore of a difference with the et with weather conditions its due to an improper tune.. Lean bikes favor heavier air and will run a little quicker to wear a rich fuel setting will slow. The fuel AFR prooves to be pretty close since it runs consistent in 60 degree as to 90 degree weather.
I dont expect one that doesnt have many years of tuning and drag racing expierence to know all of this but to question something that I am familiar with is a bit exhausting to leave no sugar coated smile face to make you feel all warm and cozy rather then asking

I thought so..
Its obvious your skill set is just twisting a throttle and pushing a button to make a shift I dont think you have enough knowledge to even set up any electronic cross over delay boxes alone with an auto shift with a rear brake line lock.
Ive been on both sides of the fence and rode a top gas bike back in my 20's and owned a pro gas bike for a few years.
Once a dragbike is setup properly it takes very little skill to point it down the track hell even a little 90lb woman has proven this in pro stock motorcycle racing..

Whoopie doo you can break into what the 8's on a stretched out motorcycle with a multistage clutch and airshift, I bet its challenging to remember when to let off the throttle and use the brakes before the end of the track that would be considered multi tasking..

I was hoping you would challenge me at some more challenging skills such as consistency, reaction times, speed distance judging, best of luck yourt just another stretched busas going down the track as a weekend warrior really breaking new grounds here with the rich squids on daddys wallet going fast on a stretched turbo busa bet ya even have a few looking cool neon lites on your so called dragbike:beerchug:

Well, that settles it then. Since I don't really get into drag racing. I'm gonna have someone build me a 5-600hp turbo bike with all the delay boxes,multi-stage/lock-up clutch,auto/air shift and whatever else that will give me an advantage so all I have to do is get on it,peg the throttle and then:
booya......what? 7's in the 1/4 ? ok if not, then we just need to stuff some more cash in it. :laugh:

chit.......drag racing ain't hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

:

I will take that bet! 1/4 mile at Beech Bend in Bowling Green Kentucky or 1/8 mile at Music City Raceway.. Give me a date.

Didn't you gain 3hp when got your ecu ed dyno tune?
Because you'de really notice that power!:laugh:

Yes I did and yes I did. :laugh:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/167066-ecu-flashed-today-blais-cycle.html

First DYNO sheet shows one year before and one year after.
The older tune was when they removed the xtre and we discovered it had no added a single Hp because before and after numbers were same. More recent tune was when they flashed ecu. +3hp they 'found'. That small of a number though could be for any reason though. Both runs are pretty much the same, just that the ecu flash curve is slightly smoother.

I thought so..
Its obvious your skill set is just twisting a throttle and pushing a button to make a shift I dont think you have enough knowledge to even set up any electronic cross over delay boxes alone with an auto shift with a rear brake line lock.
Ive been on both sides of the fence and rode a top gas bike back in my 20's and owned a pro gas bike for a few years.
Once a dragbike is setup properly it takes very little skill to point it down the track hell even a little 90lb woman has proven this in pro stock motorcycle racing..

Whoopie doo you can break into what the 8's on a stretched out motorcycle with a multistage clutch and airshift, I bet its challenging to remember when to let off the throttle and use the brakes before the end of the track that would be considered multi tasking..

I was hoping you would challenge me at some more challenging skills such as consistency, reaction times, speed distance judging, best of luck yourt just another stretched busas going down the track as a weekend warrior really breaking new grounds here with the rich squids on daddys wallet going fast on a stretched turbo busa bet ya even have a few looking cool neon lites on your so called dragbike:beerchug:

Just a quickie......

I do believe Got Busa is currently serving this nation and is in some form of upper level dealing with Naval Helos? I think?
His skill set is most likely beyond yours. He's not daddy's rich kid and is earning as well as deserving his turbo Busa on his own. So lighten up Francis.....

All this coming from a guy that can't tell the difference between a first and second gen Busa even though he owns one. For a guy that has been around the track for how many ever years and can hear when a bike is running imaginary nitrous because there was no nitrous on the bike. Your "knowledge" goes nowhere in my opinion.

What were the temp differences between the runs? What was the DA for all of these passes?

Everything I have ever seen about this people always say they feel a difference in town at lower rpms. Not at the high rpms so why should there be any difference in your ETs?

Also if you look close at all the numbers I would say you gained something. Your last trip to the dragstrip you have a worse reaction time, worse 60 and 330 time but a better 1/8 time.

:rofl: GPW's Twin Brother :poke::laugh:

What a :moon:

If not a brother a very very close cousin... :rofl:

I thought so..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You continue to prove your ignorance and haven't got a CLUE what you are talking about... :banghead:

I've NEVER owned a stretched bike and probably never will;...all my runs are on stock wheelbase.

Rich kid on daddy's wallet.... :rofl: ...I left home at age 18 and have NEVER looked back bud. Everything I own has been bought and paid for with hard work and no ones help but my own. Come ride my Turbo BUSA at stock wheelbase and see how great your skills are... :laugh: Like bracket racing, neon's are lame... :laugh:

I will take that bet! 1/4 mile at Beech Bend in Bowling Green Kentucky or 1/8 mile at Music City Raceway.. Give me a date.

I'll challenge you, come down to the Texas Mile or Houston Mile and PROOVE how consistant you are... :poke:

You are obviously ignorant towards drag racing and obviously weather conditions and horespower which will leave me to save my energy to even comment towards your comment.

There's definitely some ignorance in this thread, I'll give ya that....

:clap: better than crappy reality TV,

the weather needs to break so ya'll can go out and ride instead of picking stupid arguments on line.

If all I cared about was being consistent I would have bought a Honda scooter and saved 10K! Then I'm sure people at the track wouldn't be saying you have the slowest Busa they have seen...

Drag-Racing.jpg

bracket racing isnt really racing imo? isnt racing is trying to get from point A to point B as fast as you can. I could never really understand the concept of being consistently slow and yet winning. isnt that kind of an oxymoron?

Back