Project: StreetFighter Busa

quadb0y

Registered
OK,
First some background - My busa has now gone past the point of no return, fairings are for sale, now the wiring harness that runs outside of the frame needed to be re-routed under the tank instead.

This was a tough one ! Some of the wires (ignition, indicator relay) were long enough but those to the fuse box weren't, as this usually sits approx. under the left grip.

Spent the best part of yesterday cutting, soldering, heat-shrinking and insulating. But now, my loom is neatly tucked away under the tank, I snuck it out next to the clutch line & used some rubber hose to protect it from the edge of the tank.

I know you're itching for some pics so here you go !

Here I am shortening the left switchblock lead:

<!--EDIT|quadb0y
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088286499 -->

busa_001.jpg

This part was time-consuming ! Get yourself a comfortable seat, and familiarise yourself with the wiring diagrams from your service manual !

busa_004.jpg

dang it -- my box at home is down, so I can't get more pictures .. will post when it's back up. hurray for adsl.

Ran out of light yesterday when I finished, here's the harness now as it sneaks under tank and behind forks. Note the rubber tube for protection. Always practice safe mods
tounge.gif

busa_012.jpg

looks like job and half man... be interesting seeing it when you get it all done.

Which headlamp are you planning on using?

Hey thanks  
wink.gif

The light is a generic trailbike enduro setup, twin headlights.

Cost me 90 bucks, no high / low beam but I don't need it. Quite bright actually, I was surprised .. just powering 1 off my drill battery. I think any more wattage & heat would be a killer.

Mounting the light is tough, the rubber straps are slightly preventing my full range of motion .. gotta think some more about it !

Also I've done some measuring & made a template for some brackets I need to bring the light out (to clear master cylinders) & up (to clear damper).

Plus I need some spacers to bring the mounts back inline as the forks are further apart (approx 30mm) than a trailbike's.

It's all good, loving doing it .. can't wait to finish
devil.gif

ufo.gif

Back