PROJECT: Fastest Stock Wheelbase Hayabusa

You can probably make MORE than enough power on a stock length bike by just spraying and leaving the motor "untouched". The Schnitz controller would be the key to getting the power down efficiently, but it would sure take a helluva rider. I think Jason fits that bill...

I WAS AT THE STREET BIKE NATIONALS AT NORWALK OHIO ON SUNDAY AND THERE WAS A BUSA WITH KEIHIN FCR CARBS AND WHAT LOOKED TO BE SOME TYPE OF DYNA IGNITION EXPOSED THROUGH THE STOCK HOLE IN THE BODY PANEL WHERE THE IGNITION COVER STICKS THROUGH. I DID NOT SEE THE CARBS BUT I KNOW THAT DISTINCT SOUND THAT FCR'S MAKE.I DIDN'T TALK TO THE OWNER SO I AM NOT SURE IF HE WAS SPRAYING NOS TO IT.AT LEAST IT IS BEING DONE AND WE KNOW THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO SPRAY WITH THAT SETUP. I ASSUME THAT THIS WOULD REQUIRE MAJORE WIRING CHANGES TO THE STOCK HARNESS.

i think the guy from reflections polishing in detroit bought paul gasts busa. i think it ran like 8.90s. oh that was with wheelie bar and sht. nos sucks, turbo.

I am going to be starting on "PROJECT: Fastest Stock Wheelbase Hayabusa" over the winter. Motor work, carbs, nitrous, and progressive schnitz box will be in the works as well.

Does anyone know of anyone that has done this before or at least had the carbs done.

I am still sitting on probably the
"fastest stock motor, stock wheelbase Hayabusa" so far at 9.28@148mph. I am hoping with the work above to go mid to upper 8's with a stock swingarm.

Ummmm?!?!?!? I think I own that title
You might be the Quickest but not the fastest
just check out the Bonneville record book

Yeah you are right, that copper Busa ran a 9.36, that was with me riding it though. So yes I guess you can say that I was there.

Also, the motor on my busa is stock, so that 9.28 is not in jeapordy. The copper busa is fast but has help internally. My busa is still faster than his busa due to my set-up and bike prep that is done to mine.

Jason, you must be a hell of a rider, but I'm sure you would tell me that yourself. So how fast are your short times? Are you air shifting? Boy 8.60s is a pretty tall order on a short bike, let alone on a 68" unlimited. If your short times are in the low 1.50s (on a short bike) now do you really think a ton of motor is gonna help that? Well, I'm sure you can do it if anyone can, and I'm sure you would tell me that too.
Good Luck,
XLRR8

Come on Jason,

You know you weren't the only one to go a 9.36 on that bike last Thursday. The copper busa has no internal work and he can ride that bike back to DC from the track which is over 50 miles. Can you do that? NO you can't, not with your supersport prepping you did to your bike. Would you like to set up a grudge race, both bikes ride from MIR to Waldorf,MD back to the track and race. That's about 60 miles. What's up. Lets do it for $500. There are other bikes out here that have been faster stock than you but they don't talk about it, but you are trying to promote yourself. Do you think you can beat Johnny Locklear if he rode the copper BUSA. HELL NO

Jason won't bite. He knows better. He's claiming the copper has internal work but when people said he had work done he denied it. The other guy made one pass and went a 9.36. If you look at Jason prior post he's made over 200 passes on his bike and the fastest pass was a 9.28 148. LOOK OUT JASON THERES A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN.

Jason won't bite. He knows better. He's claiming the copper has internal work but when people said he had work done he denied it. The other guy made one pass and went a 9.36. If you look at Jason prior post he's made over 200 passes on his bike and the fastest pass was a 9.28 148. LOOK OUT JASON THERES A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN.

who riding the copper busa.MDbusa where do you hang out at or email, cause the way you are talking I believe I might know you.

I bought FBG's busa but it was set-up for the strip and I am in the middle of finishing the street set-up. It is completely stock minus the bolt on accessories and a Schnitz box. When completed it will no doubt be a 8.90 or faster bike. As far as Jason needing a sponsor I can throw a short arm on my bike right now and put a real rider on it(not me) and the bike will go eights. If you want to set something up (Jason) I can get a rider to run you on your busa. With mine on a stock wheel base with carbs. If you are interested e-mail me at rpolishing@aol.com

Back