Professional Photos, part II-STAMPEDE

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I just got home from a day at the lake and Rick Clemson's CD was in the mailbox.....so, here's about half of them!

Interesting to compare the shooting style of the two pros (my previous post vrs this one).

On the way to the lake we drive past the raceway....I was with 14 of my beloved family and friends...waterskiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding, 2 boats, etc.....I love these days but I looked over and thought, no way I could explain the incredible thrills I had just experienced a few days prior on my Hayabusa, nothing I know gives me the rush of being on a track on a fast, well equiped motorcycle! The water was great fun, the track goes beyond that. Doyle

DM_46572.jpg

DM_46588.jpg

DM_46621.jpg

DM_46714.jpg

DM_46662.jpg

DM_46739.jpg

DM_46762.jpg

DM_46785.jpg

DM_46812.jpg

DM_46814.jpg

DM_46845.jpg

DM_46864.jpg

more...can't do more than a few at a time, I think the resolution it too great.

DM_47215.jpg

DM_47168.jpg

DM_47028.jpg

more, I'm done for tonight, about to fall off the chair I'm so fried from the lake! Doyle

DM_46917.jpg

DM_46864.jpg

DM_46573.jpg

DM_46589.jpg

DM_46651.jpg

DM_46653.jpg

DM_46663.jpg

DM_46729.jpg

DM_46883.jpg

DM_46761.jpg

Hey Doyle, I will bring some cigars next year for you and Mchoon, I think it should be a annual thing for us to do once again.

It was a treat for me to watch you 60's year old fellers ride busas (you, pacemaster, CCbusa). It is amazing to know that you FOG's can absolutely ride better than the majority of the busa owners on the planet (no disrespect intended to anyone, but if you have seen the FOG's ride you would know what I am talking about).

Everyone in the paddocks were calling you "Mr Ice" because of your riding style on the track. You were super fast but calm and smooth in execution. Ralph was a blazing riot on the track also, holy smokes!! I should of got a pic of the two of you without your helmets on.

Thanks again for another great pic share Doyle.
Definately gonna have to make this trip next year.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Wow, those are awesome! I wish I was even a quarter that good with mine.... Practice, Practice, Practice...

These are great photos.. looks like you had a blast! But I have a question. I have seen many videos on the position one should have when leaning into the curve with your knee down. I'm not criticizing just want to know the right body position. In the video they say your head should be over or near the mirror that is closet to the ground. In your photos your head is over the opposite mirror. Which is the correct way? or is there a correct way. Maybe the correct way is the way you feel most comfortable:dunno: any comments? Just a rookie wanting to learn proper technique.
E

These are great photos.. looks like you had a blast! But I have a question. I have seen many videos on the position one should have when leaning into the curve with your knee down. I'm not criticizing just want to know the right body position. In the video they say your head should be over or near the mirror that is closet to the ground. In your photos your head is over the opposite mirror. Which is the correct way? or is there a correct way. Maybe the correct way is the way you feel most comfortable:dunno: any comments? Just a rookie wanting to learn proper technique.
E

I think those are great questions, what I do(when riding hard) is stay off the seat a lot, sometimes even on short straights if I see a left hander, I'll leave my hind end off the seat in advance. I seldom put all my torsoe weight down on the butt like on a bagger on the interstate. Usually I'm just "passing through" across the seat in a transition. I will brag about the following....I've practiced a lot in NOT upsetting the bike when I move around and that itself creates smoothness, therefore safety and consistancy.
You are right, watching two different competent riders will reveal differences between the two BUT they both get the job done well.
One criteria for me is that I must ALWAYS feel that I am riding at 90% intensity with a 10% safety cushion built in. If someone passes me, the last thing I would do is ramp it up and pursue, for me that is juvenile and flirting with a crash.
As to where my body is in the pics....two things, first, they are snapshots, not a video, so they give the illusion of me being fixed in a body position, which is not accurate. Second, regardless of where I am on the bike, I have a feeling of balance and accuracy as I ride, the lap times, bike's position on the track, and overall feeling I get while riding is quite satisfactory for me. This time next year I may come in a little higher on most corners and my entry speed may be a little faster, BUT improvements will be minor over months, no quantum leaps of skill. You don't tear up the canvas or change the whole painting, you make tiny but effective adjustments that become habituated into your "style".
As evidenced by my age, I want to continue to do this for years and believe I've found the right combination of behaviors to make that happen, all while being a dad, husband and productive member of society!

I think staying healthy on a motorcycle(and continually improving) is directly connected to our deeper values on life overall and if you want to continue to enjoy this great sport, we must get past showing off, grandstanding, demonstrating how "balsy" we are on a bike. Humility and practice will take us far.
I know this answer is far more complex than your question but I'm old so I like to ramble! Doyle

I think those are great questions, what I do(when riding hard) is stay off the seat a lot, sometimes even on short straights if I see a left hander, I'll leave my hind end off the seat in advance. I seldom put all my torsoe weight down on the butt like on a bagger on the interstate. Usually I'm just "passing through" across the seat in a transition. I will brag about the following....I've practiced a lot in NOT upsetting the bike when I move around and that itself creates smoothness, therefore safety and consistancy.
You are right, watching two different competent riders will reveal differences between the two BUT they both get the job done well.
One criteria for me is that I must ALWAYS feel that I am riding at 90% intensity with a 10% safety cushion built in. If someone passes me, the last thing I would do is ramp it up and pursue, for me that is juvenile and flirting with a crash.
As to where my body is in the pics....two things, first, they are snapshots, not a video, so they give the illusion of me being fixed in a body position, which is not accurate. Second, regardless of where I am on the bike, I have a feeling of balance and accuracy as I ride, the lap times, bike's position on the track, and overall feeling I get while riding is quite satisfactory for me. This time next year I may come in a little higher on most corners and my entry speed may be a little faster, BUT improvements will be minor over months, no quantum leaps of skill. You don't tear up the canvas or change the whole painting, you make tiny but effective adjustments that become habituated into your "style".
As evidenced by my age, I want to continue to do this for years and believe I've found the right combination of behaviors to make that happen, all while being a dad, husband and productive member of society!

I think staying healthy on a motorcycle(and continually improving) is directly connected to our deeper values on life overall and if you want to continue to enjoy this great sport, we must get past showing off, grandstanding, demonstrating how "balsy" we are on a bike. Humility and practice will take us far.
I know this answer is far more complex than your question but I'm old so I like to ramble! Doyle

LOl I hear ya. I'm old to, 53. My wife thinks I'm crazy and going thru a mid-life crisis. Check out this link it's very interesting.
Position Exercise: Reed and Neilson - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to mention, make sure you bring plenty of supplies with you in case you break down on the back of the track. Doyle

document.jpg

Like how to pass out in the restroom after two beers and how to pick up trannies in the bar. :thumbsup:

Or how to map out a group ride without hitting any Goat Trails..............I am Sorry I am Better Rider then you Russ :poke:

Don't hate the Player. Hate the Game :rulez:

PS: Russ is Sorry for the Thread Jack...................Carry on

Did I jack? Ugh, I'm lost in Doyle's 100 pics, don't know if I've seen them all or not. Think I'm going crazy I swear 50 of them are the same. :poke:

Back