Donating Member
Registered
Wife's bike
Been sitting about a month with fresh 93 octane shell fuel
bone stock
2900 miles
very well taken care of

Ok so here is the problem-

She came home from lunch and dropped the truck off to take the bike back t work, she told me it would not go, she let it run for 20 minute or so to warm up and just had no power to take off, kept dieing on her in first so she did not take it.

When I got home from work I took the bike out for a 50 mile ride, it runs great above 4000 rpm but just has no power below that, and yes I know its a 250 so not alot of power to begin with, but were talking almost not being able to go up a hill whitout slipping the crap out of clutch to get into the rpm's

but like I said after that it runs great--

so what should I take a look at

new plugs, maybe some seafoam, ????

God I love my fuel injected bikes, cause this carb stuff is not for me:lol:

Any help would be nice guys :please:

No way am I telling her that, she loves busa's but right now I am saving to get a new Busa next to the B-King so cant do that,:laugh:

Mike, we have to hook up and ride!! My gf's 01 250 did the same thing. We just ran the piss out of it and it cleared itself up. Anothers friends also did the same thing and cleared itself up also. I dont get it, its like something gummed up the carbs then breaks lose.

Chris I was thinking the same thing, so I took it out on interstate74 to I-80 -280 and then back home I was rapping the piss out of that little motor hoping something would clear it self out, then when I got to a big hill with a stop sign in Bettendorf I stalled the damn thing:laugh: the little guy finally made it up the hill

Its just wieird never had a problem with this bike at all.

and yes we need to ride, wanna shoot for next weekend:beerchug:

check air filter and intake pathways

shut off gas pull float bowls and look at the gas inside to see if discolored and/or any debris inside

Check vents on gas tank. Wardie

Sounds like the pilot jets are plugged up. You can run a fuel treatment though the gas tank. If that doesn't help you may need to pull the float bowls to cleen them out.

Chris I was thinking the same thing, so I took it out on interstate74 to I-80 -280 and then back home I was rapping the piss out of that little motor hoping something would clear it self out, then when I got to a big hill with a stop sign in Bettendorf I stalled the damn thing:laugh: the little guy finally made it up the hill

Its just wieird never had a problem with this bike at all.

and yes we need to ride, wanna shoot for next weekend:beerchug:

Sure, I work 3-11 on sat. off sun.

Sounds like the pilot jets are plugged up. You can run a fuel treatment though the gas tank. If that doesn't help you may need to pull the float bowls to cleen them out.

Thats correct, with the ethanol fuels now, you cant leave fuel in the carburetors too long!
the fuel build moisture in the carbs, and blocks the pilot jets!

Try some seafoam, and ride the wheels off of it, to see if it clears up, if not,, pull the carbs!

Good place to start. You might want to go up one size on the pilot jet's also.

I was looking @ this bike over the weekend for my daughter, did no it was not fuel injected. Also found out that suzuki does not make anything that small, might have to look @ the scooter for her.

It's easy. Just pull of the fuel bowls and remove the jets with a GOOD flathead screwdriver. One easy tool you can make to clean the jets out.Find a plastic twist tie that has a metal wire in the middle. strip off about a halfinch of the plastic and use the rod to clean the jet out. Usually that'll fit the jet. It helps to have an air blower to blow the jets clean, if not you can use a can of compressed air like you use to clean your keyboard.

The carbs are so small that they can get gummed up in a week or two if you don't use them. You have to put fuel treatment and run it up at 75-90 mph for a while and she'll clear up.

It's the carbs. You need to pull clean out the low speed jets. The holes are so small that if you get any thing in there it will affect performance. It is a pain in the butt, but it must be done! Or, take it to the dealer and have it done for about $100. Many of the posts here aare all on target. Sorry for your hassle!

If a cleaner doesnt do it you'll have to pull both the carbs and clean them (this really sucks to have to do, not hard but takes some time and you need to pull alot out of the way). If your doing that dont do it without going up on the jet size as those bikes are WAY lean from the factory. Have you done the main needle shim mod?(night and day wow!) Was the first thing I did to both the ones I have...

the Busas so cool I had to have one to park on both sides of it!

Last edited:
Back