problems on ebay

bikemedic

Registered
i am trying to sell one of my bikes on ebay. i have an 04 gs500f. it only has 3800 miles on it and it's in very good condition with minor scratches on lower left side only(from scraping a fence). the bike has never been droped and is garage kept. kelly blue book is saying 3600 in fair condition. so i put it on ebay for 3300. however i have been recieving offers of like 1000 up to 2300. the lowest i want to go is 2800 which i think is an awesome price. am i crazy. or should i be aiming lower. o yeah and i added a few things, fender eliminator, short stalks, clear tail lens.

CIMG0248.jpg

start it at $3400.,if they are making offers they want it,but you can't give it away.You need to add $100 cause of the fees you will pay also.

ive noticed that on ebay too, just while browsing, in the ask seller question text, people are offering like 1200 for bikes with buy it now of 3500 to 4000, nice bikes dont seem to come cheap, no matter used or new, people have a hard time realizing this, they think of motorbikes as "cheap" transportation, but they dont realize that even 10000 for a bike, is cheaper than 20- 30K for a car, Nice bike by they way, if i had the cash, id throw you 3 grand for it, i want a small bike for going to school on, and a busa for everything else....

-WHEELMAN

Ebay is an Auction Site why are you surprised at the low balling?  

Another thing is your selling at the wrong time, winter is not ideal season to sell a bike.  An upgrade might help sell your bike but, you will be hard pressed to recover those dollars.  

You might want to try Craig’s List its free!

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/

Good Luck, hang in there spring is just around the corner.

everyone is looking for a deal of a life time don't be it everyone knows the last 10 seconds of the auction is when ya will see the serious bids good luck
smile.gif

I’m surprised no comment from Vic on this? Probably out riding his Ebay special TL1000R.

you might also try putting it on craigslist.com as well. I've seen lots of stuff move there and its not an auction, just put a price and watch it go
cool.gif

My father described to me what is wrong with people in general.

He sad to me 30 years ago:

- "Son, One day you will reasile that 90% of the population is complete idiots. Please don`t be upset... that`s simple truth of life..."

I did not believed him back then...

Dreamers never understnd that there is no free stuff.
If it is cheap that must be a reason for it.
If you have a bike with market price of 5K and you need money today.. What are you going to do.?

Sell it on E-bay? hmmm... It won`t be today...
couple weeks maybe...
But you need 3K right now....
What else.? Borrow money from somebody?

Yea, right..... Your friends only good to drink your beer and bail them out when they caught drunk.... right?
smile.gif

What else.... Run to any dealer and sell them your bike for 3K.
You have your money today, they will have profit of 2K.

Nobody ever will sell you vehicle significally lower NADA book, unless he is from those 90% of population.
smile.gif

Posibility is very high tho....

Back to the bike buyers.... It is free to ask, don`t you think?
Don`t ignore them, answer politely. They just trying to get something for nothing... Dreamers... Let them be...

P.S. TL is fricking awesome... I saved at least 2K and I want streetfighter so I don`t need plastics... I registered and titled it. If I was far away I would never buy this bike... as you said before too fishy.. and I agree with that.  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138399428 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

bikemedic....
Ebay is awesome place to sell/buy parts, not vehicles unless it is something really special..

Put it in creiglist and local paper...

People very uncomfortable buying big things like cars/bikes remotely.

Back