Problems lowering front

BanditKing

Registered
I installed one of Yana Shiki's triple tree top clamp crowns (the plain black anodized one) to lower the bike approx 1/2" - 3/4" in the front, but am having problems with the brake fluid reservior being very close to the windshield. When trying to adjust the angle of the brake lever i'm limited in how far i can rotate it forward because the reservoir hits the backside of the windshield "bulk head" (didn't know what else to call it).

Any suggestions?  Should i just scrap the yana shiki for a gen mar riser?

BK

<!--EDIT|BanditKing
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148063113 -->

It can be done, mine doesn't hit anywhere. Pic for fork tube reference. Same top clamp........

P5210008.jpg

Mine rubs, its the price you pay to go low. (no jokes) I have not had any problems other than u-turns and locking the forks. Neither of which is serious.

DSC01662.jpg

I hear there is a custom resevior you can buy that is a lower profile.

Hev......any idea what the name or brand of the custom res. are? or where to go to see them? how low is ur front in that pic? 1.5 in.
rock.gif

Sorry it took me so long on this, I cant find them.

I'm 2" in this pic. I went up to 1.5" for street riding.

DSC01666.jpg

DSC01661.jpg

Sorry it took me so long on this, I cant find them.

I'm 2" in this pic. I went up to 1.5" for street riding.

DSC01666.jpg

DSC01661.jpg

if you turn your levers up to be flush with your clipon brackets youll be good, i have the same one and played around till i got it, now it doesent rub, just loosen them and turn them up all the way and youll be good.

Back