problems after minor spill

rolandag2

Registered
I laid my bike down last Sunday. I noticed that the bars were tweaked a little, so i figured I would to take care of that today. I got home and start removing all fairings and notice a crack on the head tube weld so big deal i figured i would grind a notch in the whole weld and tig weld it back which i can do but then the wheel start turning why did it crack and i check the clearance between the shock and the frame and i notice that on the right side the shock actually touches the frame and on left side there is a bunch of clearance. So, I try to straighten the bars and I can't I'm not sure but I think the right shock is bent but not sure so any help would be greatly appreciated. How do I find true center of front wheel and has anybody had this problem b4.

IMG00028-20090623-2017.jpg

IMG00029-20090623-2017.jpg

IMG00031-20090623-2019.jpg

IMG00030-20090623-2018.jpg

yeah I have to find someone to check the frame on a frame machine and the welding part I can do I can tig weld no problem and I have all the stuff i need to do that I just have to find a frame shop in Houston that can check my frame, more than likely I believe that one of my shocks is bent if not both on front but this is not the end I will fix her no problem

hi bud, looks like its twisted and pulled to the right,also check bottom of head stock for stretching, if its gone at top its pulled at bottom, only way is to get it jigged and welded whilst its in the jig,take folk stantions out and roll them on flat surface to see if they rise, hope this helps good luck. :down:

Last edited:
Back