Problems 07 busa gen 1

kwaaiesaki

Registered
The shop i got it from told me en still tell me that it is fine. I Can’t get the video online so i will try to describe it. Currently my mpg is 29.40. Or here in the Netherlands 12,5 km/l. Sinds this week there is a bad smell when it runs. Smells like burnt rubber or something like that. There is a thumping sound inside when it is running stationairy. The gauge jumps between 1000 and 1150 rpms. Also a little rattling sound comes when you give a little gas and dissappears around the 3/4000 rpm. Over that the sound of the engine is more noticable so i don’t know if it dissappears or not. It had 28.000 km or 17.400 Miles. Is there a way i can get the video online or does it sound familiair to someone? I still have a month of warranty but i get the feeling they are flipping me off so they can get paid when the warranty is over. When i’m driving it shocks like a maniac. Not that i wants to go forward but more like i’m losing power. I Can’t outrun a gsxr600.

Last edited:
Clutch maybe ??? Smell, power loss could be related to worn clutch plates, when you wanna speed up if only rpm goes up but the bike wont speed up than your clutch is worn, just an idea

Clutch maybe ??? Smell, power loss could be related to worn clutch plates, when you wanna speed up if only rpm goes up but the bike wont speed up than your clutch is worn, just an idea
Rpm and speed go up together. But it won’t do 60 within 4 seconds. I got the feeling that it is slower dan its supposed to be.

Last edited:
OK, you need to upload the video to youtube or a file sharing platform such as that, then copy and paste a link to the forum here, on this thread.
It's running very rich at 12.5km/liter, my Busa gets 17 to 19km/liter depending on throttle usage.
You may have a loose cam chain by the description re the rattle when bringing the revs up, hard to give an accurate diagnosis without hearing it and the vid clip would be very helpful.
Maybe valve timing is incorrect causing loss of power?
Get that vid clip posted if you can.

OK, you need to upload the video to youtube or a file sharing platform such as that, then copy and paste a link to the forum here, on this thread.
It's running very rich at 12.5km/liter, my Busa gets 17 to 19km/liter depending on throttle usage.
You may have a loose cam chain by the description re the rattle when bringing the revs up, hard to give an accurate diagnosis without hearing it and the vid clip would be very helpful.
Maybe valve timing is incorrect causing loss of power?
Get that vid clip posted if you can.
Thanks. I uploaded it to here.

dear "neighbor" ;)
listen to this sound

if yours is near "mine",
alert !
never start again the motor before you control all screws inside clutch !
maybe one of the small M6 screws is loose
or one of the studs is "coming"
this
(first 4 pics) can follow !

to the smell i have no idea this moment

dear "neighbor" ;)
listen to this sound

if yours is near "mine",
alert !
never start again the motor before you control all screws inside clutch !
maybe one of the small M6 screws is loose
or one of the studs is "coming"
this
(first 4 pics) can follow !

to the smell i have no idea this moment
It pretty much sounds the same. Only difference is the thumping/bang sound that sometimes is hearable.

Could you put in other words what you meant by “When i’m driving it shocks like a maniac.”

Shocks like a maniac? Most (small) noises from the top end would be the cam chain which is a fairly easy fix and might account for poor mileage. As for the hard sound from deep inside, it could be a clutch bolt loosening and if so will cause more damage when run. That might be visible just by removing the clutch cover. If you still have a warranty take it to a dealer and insist they check it out. No Hayabusa should get such poor mileage or have such poor performance either. Good luck!

Could you put in other words what you meant by “When i’m driving it shocks like a maniac.”

Shocks like a maniac? Most (small) noises from the top end would be the cam chain which is a fairly easy fix and might account for poor mileage. As for the hard sound from deep inside, it could be a clutch bolt loosening and if so will cause more damage when run. That might be visible just by removing the clutch cover. If you still have a warranty take it to a dealer and insist they check it out. No Hayabusa should get such poor mileage or have such poor performance either. Good luck!
When i am driving you feel it want to cut out some power. So when i do 100 it feels like a sudden brake towards 95 and back up to 100. A little tankslap going a bit to the tank and back on the Seat. How can I check cam chain and how can I fix it? Tomorrow I’m heading up to 3 garages and gonna ask what they think.

When i am driving you feel it want to cut out some power. So when i do 100 it feels like a sudden brake towards 95 and back up to 100. A little tankslap going a bit to the tank and back on the Seat. How can I check cam chain and how can I fix it? Tomorrow I’m heading up to 3 garages and gonna ask what they think.
Have you checked the battery terminals and ground cable terminal at the engine for security/tight/corrosion?
Also check the harness for any alteration or 'hack' such as a kill switch added into the harness.
The same thing was happening to my '99 Busa, and it turned out to be a hidden 'kill' switch under the tail hump and the connectors were corroded and causing power loss momentarily . . lasting maybe half a second or so, at random intermittent times.
I removed the switch, and soldered up the wires that had been tapped into. Never had a problem since.

Not much help I'm afraid

Thank you very much and happy thanksgiving. I will proceed to go to the 3 shops tomorrow. The bike is stock as can be. Although I am the 4th owner (8 if you count the shops in) I did not got a service manual. So I don’t have any information on the bikes past. Again thanks for your time and effort on the video and a happy thanksgiving.

Have you checked the battery terminals and ground cable terminal at the engine for security/tight/corrosion?
Also check the harness for any alteration or 'hack' such as a kill switch added into the harness.
The same thing was happening to my '99 Busa, and it turned out to be a hidden 'kill' switch under the tail hump and the connectors were corroded and causing power loss momentarily . . lasting maybe half a second or so, at random intermittent times.
I removed the switch, and soldered up the wires that had been tapped into. Never had a problem since.
To be honest that sounds scary as hell. Gonna check that tomorrow morning. But it still won’t explain the sounds. As far as I know it is stock and has never been tampered with. Except for a bar raiser and double bubble windshield.

Last edited:
I went for multiple opinions today. They al told me that the sounds are coming from the crankshaft. It is a typical busa sound and not something to worry about. Everyone heard it and they all said the same thing. Not a sound to worry about.

Back