Problem with my gauges

Evo2Busa

Registered
Hi to every one here,

Im not a person to post a lot but i'm always read all the post from others.

I hope somebody on these family can help me in this problem. I have an 09. I was riding today and my gauges stop working(RPM and MPH) only. You guys can have an idea where i can start.

If you have HID's its the ballast causing problems. Move it farther from the cluster...

If you have HID's its the ballast causing problems. Move it farther from the cluster...

Actually, it's the igniter that causes gauge issues afaik. Mine would only spaz out when I turned on the high beams. I moved the igniter further away and it was fine.

Anyway, if you don't have HID's, try removing the gauge cluster wire plug, and reinstalling. Make sure it's clean and seated firmly.

Actually, it's the igniter that causes gauge issues afaik. Mine would only spaz out when I turned on the high beams. I moved the igniter further away and it was fine.

Anyway, if you don't have HID's, try removing the gauge cluster wire plug, and reinstalling. Make sure it's clean and seated firmly.

Sorry, I didn't know the correct terminology there :laugh: I don't have HID's and this is the only reason why I don't. These issues would drive me crazy. Assuming he has HID's. :beerchug:

Sorry, I didn't know the correct terminology there :laugh: I don't have HID's and this is the only reason why I don't. These issues would drive me crazy. Assuming he has HID's. :beerchug:

My gauges were fine for ages with the original placement. Then out of the blue started going wacky when turning on the high beams. I moved the igniters further away from the cluster and it's been fine since. I wouldn't let it deter you from getting HID's - just make sure the ballasts and igniters are not mounted next to the cluster and you will be fine.

Thanks guys, yes I have hid about 2 years now and now is the problem, I will check tomorrow the hid

Thanks guys, yes I have hid about 2 years now and now is the problem, I will check tomorrow the hid

Yeah, mine were fine for a few years, then all of a sudden the gauges started acted weird. Just move the ballasts/igniters as far from the cluster as you can.

If you just unhook the battery for about 5 min or so it should go back to normal. Mine did this before... I unhooked it at the cluster but the battery should do the same as long as you leave it off for a bit. I think it has a capacitor in the cluster that has to drain down before it resets.

HID's were by far one of the best mods i've done to the bike. Seems like some have quite a few issues with interference from the ballasts/ignitors, while others never experience a single problem. Only issue i've had is my clock re-setting once or twice, but hasnt happened in about a year. Wondering if wrapping the ballast/ignitor with something would solve these issues, like aluminum foil? I know guys i work with that have covered the gps unit in our service trucks with a piece of aluminum foil or lead sheet to block the signal so the shop can't see where we're at all the time and track us. I think a thin sheet of lead wrapped around it would block the electromagnetic interfernce, but would it affect the hid's themselves? Don't know

Thanks guys for all the info, I fixed it. Just unplug the gauges and fix the problem. Thanks again to every one off you for all the help. I'm happy again lol lol:cheerleader:

Back