Problem with MPS Enigine Kill Box

adrnlnjunky

Registered
Just installed an air shifter on my buddy's '04 Busa. Everything was wired properly and so forth. When testing the kill box at idle, it will kill the engine momentarily, however anything above idle, it will not affect it. I've adjusted the kill time from the minimum to the maximum and no difference. It will do it's job at idle only.

Anyone ever experience this? Lemme know if you have and what you had to do to remedy the problem. Thanks in advance....

some of your coil wires arent crimped good enough.you need to check your 4 coil connections

They are tapped an inch or so from the coil connector.

I will check all the taps and see if one is not making full contact.

if you used the little things that came withthe kit ,they are smashed down all the way on the wire.

(GoldenChild @ Oct. 02 2006,21:35) if you used the little things that came withthe kit ,they are smashed down all the way on the wire.
Yes, they are smashed all the way.

That wasn't the problem. Where to look next?

Are you interrupting the colored coil wires, NOT the grey wires? If so, and the cheap ass connectors are all mating, then the cheap ass kill-box is bad. Send it back to MPS, lifetime warranty.
beerchug.gif

Yes, they are all tapped into the colored wires. I waqs hoping that it wasn't the kill box. I'll swap it out with another one just to see.

Thanks for the replies.

(adrnlnjunky @ Oct. 03 2006,18:30)
(GoldenChild @ Oct. 02 2006,21:35) if you used the little things that came withthe kit ,they are smashed down all the way on the wire.
Yes, they are smashed all the way.

That wasn't the problem. Where to look next?
bro,even though they are smashed all the way doesn't mean it splice in to the wire..I always take and cut a small slit all the way around the wire,then I crimp them in the same spot to be sure i have a good connection

Extreme,the stuff from mps is great that's why they been around so long and we as a dealer sell tons of their stuff and if there is ever 1 single problem,Dan Rudd jumps thru hoops to help you correct it...Any electrical item can go bad nothing in this world is bulletproof.

Yep, MPS makes quality top notch products, lots of them! From all I've heard their customer service is excellent. Their kill-box however is poorly manufactured, period. When repeatative problems occur over an extended period of time, you go back and change the design to fix it or instill quality assurance measures to prevent it from leaving the factory.
Goldenchild, are you a dealer for Dyna by chance?

mps does have great service and ill continue to buy from them but i do have to agree that there boxes could use a redesign. smaller would help as well

(EXTREMEFUN1300 @ Oct. 04 2006,12:44) Yep, MPS makes quality top notch products, lots of them!  From all I've heard their customer service is excellent.  Their kill-box however is poorly manufactured, period.  When repeatative  problems occur over an extended period of time, you go back and change the design to fix it or instill quality assurance measures to prevent it from leaving the factory.  
Goldenchild, are you a dealer for Dyna by chance?
Yes sir i am.What up little homie?

I love the new DSC-2 shift counter!
Terminals stay latched after leaving that gear, so you can use it for multi-stage controllers very easily. Also has adjustable kill function so you can eliminate the entire kill box for your air shifter to save space.
Seeing as I wasn't about to buy a new ignition system for my bike just to have it plug-n-play, I designed an integration device for use with the kill function. It's about 1" square with some wires leading out of it into connector. Allows you to use the kill function on 4-coil ignition systems without having to buy the entire new Dyna ignition system.

Back