probably a BT question

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
As I posted earlier, I waxed the bike Thursday and took it for a bike night, I noticed today when I pulled it out to wipe it down from the ride that I missed alot of wax along the sticker edges. I tried using the edges of a towel to get the wax off but was only sort-of successful. So any ideas on what can be used that is both easy and won'y scratch the surrounding paint.

Thanks in Advance.

i usually use a towel and fingernail very carefully or maybe a toothpick

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089486757 -->

hmmmmmmmmmmm, toothpic sounds scary............

It would have probably come off easier if I'd caught it before it dried for 2 days........But all I was thinking about was making it look good and getting to the show.....

Oh well............live and learn

Wooden toothpick, soft toothbrush, I like 3-M microfibre cloths they are the cats ass...

Try a cotton swab with a little denatured alcohol and some easy rubbin'. Might take a little while and you might have to go back over some spots, but that's the most gentle way I know. I always start with the most gentle technique and work my way to more agressive techniques only if I have to.
wink.gif
Wooden toothpics work well as a next step, too. Be sure and soak it in water for a little while though to soften it a little before you use it on your paint. A light touch is required to keep from boogerin' up the edge of the decal with the toothpic though.

I'd avoid the nylon bristled brushes that some folks use and recommend. You can end up with some nasty hairline scratches from those.

By the way, if you use ***couuuuuuuuugh, cough...ZAINO...cauuuuuuuuugh***, you don't have that problem. No nasty residue at the edges of decals and in the cracks and crevices.
wink.gif

Thanks Train, just haven't gotten off my lazy behind to check that Zaino stuff out. Actually that's not entirely true, I did read some posts a few months back, went to the website and it just seemed to complicated and confusing, so I just moved on. There was just way to much garbage on that site for someone like me who couldn't tell you the difference between candle wax and car wax.
biggrin.gif

Thanks Train, just haven't gotten off my lazy behind to check that Zaino stuff out.  Actually that's not entirely true, I did read some posts a few months back, went to the website and it just seemed to complicated and confusing, so I just moved on.  There was just way to much garbage on that site for someone like me who couldn't tell you the difference between candle wax and car wax.
biggrin.gif
DITTO! They need to simplify that site...
rock.gif

Back