Pro street cars

mr8ball

Registered
I was really into Pro Street cars years back. The blue one (1966 Nova) was the 2nd one I built. The black 1963 Nova had a lot of changes over the 15 years I had it. Man I loved that car! Anyone else have any? Here are a couple I had. Let see yours

DSC_0002.jpg

P1000027.jpg

P1000037.jpg

pic of car from mag (2).jpg

I was tubbing 87 MonteCarlo SS but the guy at the shop (a friend) ripped me off for what i paid in parts after that I gave up on cars. We are friends no more at least :laugh:

I have a Nova drag radial street car, but it's not tubbed.
Nice Chevy II's, how much do you miss them. I wish I had a couple of my old cars back, but I still have my Nova and Belair.

Those blower set-ups weren't cheap either huh?

I can remember reading about the Black '63, I am currently trying to figure how I want my '84 (Pro-Street or Pro-Touring)

Thanks all, I really wish I had them both back. The black 63 was my fav. Looking at it coming down the road you could hardly see the front tires. They were really tucked under their. (see pic below LOL) I think. It was so much fun to drive on the street. Just the looks I got made it worth it. It was on of the first 5 second street cars around. I ran that with a 427 with nitrous. The last pic of it was from a Super Chevy magazine. I won the Pro Engineered class at Bristol Super Chevy show that year. It had a 572 CI motor with a Flower blower set up. Lots of HP I could never get it to hook. I want to build one more but only time will tell on that. Thanks again

P1000040.jpg

P1000043.jpg

P1000044.jpg

more a pro touring fan, but i'd kick a midget in the kidney to ride in a well built pro street car

Cool! I have two street cars a a Nova with a 350, turbo 350 trans stalled at 2500 and 4/11 in the rear. I ran it low on oil and spun a berring im sure. A guy near me said he will rebuild for $700 so thats my next project. My 69 is a rolling chassis now. That one is fully tubed and i just put a 12 point cage in. I'm working on them but cash is tight right now. Slow mototion is better than no motoion.

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

Nice cars guys. I guess one of the reason I bought my busa was I missed the power of my cars. With the busa you can go very fast at about a 1/3 of the cost. Glad to see everyone that has them. I am sure there are more to come.

Nice cars. Mine is nothing compaired to them , but i so much loved it as it was my child. 79 Camaro,

100_0078.jpg

The guy that runs are tool room. Has a '66 Chevelle w/427 and NOS. Makes about 1000 hp. Then his buddy has a Monte that had a prochrger making 1500 @ wheels. Now doing twin turbo like Larson. Should have close to 3,000 hp. Why too much money for me.

Here is a video of the Monte.

- Monte Carlo with 1400hp at the rear wheels![/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost the pics i had of her on slicks when the computer crapped out. But this was it in street trim, 12.2@113 on street tires, 11.8's on slicks and spray. Not full pro streeted out but was still street driven.
7714.jpg

hayabusa001.jpg
71710004.jpg

Back