Pro Street Build

Little update. I'm back at it. Doing the worst part of the job now...☹

20200520_191613.jpg

Yeehaw brother! Have fun and take your time.

By the way, are you running a BOV? If so, where did you hide it?
Hey Dustin. No BOV. It's purely a drag bike, so it wont really see closing throttle unless something goes wrong during a pass. Wide open throttle for the majority of life from here on!
Some people put them on, some don't. Not really 'required' for what I'm doing.

Hey Dustin. No BOV. It's purely a drag bike, so it wont really see closing throttle unless something goes wrong during a pass. Wide open throttle for the majority of life from here on!
Some people put them on, some don't. Not really 'required' for what I'm doing.
Do you not ever need to get off the throttle in a hurry? I'm sure you're making big boost, a bov is cheaper than replacing throttle blades when they bend...

Do you not ever need to get off the throttle in a hurry? I'm sure you're making big boost, a bov is cheaper than replacing throttle blades when they bend...
Every once in a while I may have to go from wide open to closed in a hurry. But that's only if the front end is coming up way to fast or its spinning extremely hard. If the front end is coming up and continuing to go up, part throttle works.
So yes, there's lots of debate on this one and I was running a BOV before, just opted for less auxiliaries to worry about. That's one less weld and connection I need to worry about. Plus less weight. Also, the only time throttlebodies are going to pose a problem is on idle if they are bent so starting would be an issue, not really during the run.

Every once in a while I may have to go from wide open to closed in a hurry. But that's only if the front end is coming up way to fast or its spinning extremely hard. If the front end is coming up and continuing to go up, part throttle works.
So yes, there's lots of debate on this one and I was running a BOV before, just opted for less auxiliaries to worry about. That's one less weld and connection I need to worry about. Plus less weight. Also, the only time throttlebodies are going to pose a problem is on idle if they are bent so starting would be an issue, not really during the run.
I thought bent throttle blades would also impede airflow at wot?
I see you've done your research, and I don't doubt your commitment, it just seems like cheap insurance to me.

Hi. Are you going to use a laser off of the front wheel to pull timing when it gets to high, so you can keep it WFO for the full pass?

That is the plan for the future for sure!
Hi .Did you see the one that reads the rear tire temp. So you can adjust you launch or keep it the same? They have to a lot of rules. I now like LSR I can do any thing to the motor I want. I want to look into having a billit head made. what are you using for pistons? what C/R? I have JEs that was custom made with my C/R is 10 to 1. Fast by Gast got them for me. Did you have the block sleeved?

How about a water-cooled billet cylinder block????

Getting close to putting a fire in this thing. To be honest, I haven't been working too hard on it, but rather just plucking away. Got a spot for my intake temp sensor put on the plenum. Thinking by the end of the week or next week, we should see this thing running.

20200605_144015.jpg

20200608_140213.jpg

Back