Pro bolt order Titanium rear set bolts

c10

Registered
If you are using factory rear sets I have put together the solution. Dome head M8 x 1.25 in 30 mm length with M8 aluminum washers to get the OD simular to stock bolts.
Stock 5.4 OZ or 155 grams
Ti are 1.7 OZ or 49 grams

Part #s
Titanium TIFB830 $8.37 SUB TOTAL $50.82
ALUM WASHER 10 pack # WA820-10S $9.14

DSC_0919.JPG

DSC_0921.JPG

DSC_0923.JPG

DSC_0924.JPG

DSC_0925.JPG

Really the cost does not matter. When you don't do the following.
Smoke, tobacco, drink.

Do the following
Pack lunch
Drive company van
Empty nesters
Eat out rarely
No fast food
1 hobby v's multiple
Work side jobs for Titanium ;)

The nice thing is buying a little @ a time.
Doing a few bolts here n there is nice, and it's not a BIG hit to the wallet that way.
Also don't sell bike with Ti bolts. Keep them for next rides many transfer.
This bike I had to buy due to selling last bike with all the titanium. Guy paid extra to leave them.

Thats cool but seems like I could skip a burger and save the same...
Hi. yes all body work is CF even the tank [ lower and only 3 gal. the Tiger Racing LSR front fender is fiber glass. The frame is also lightened all tabs and not needed bracing has been removed. The steel plate that holds the tank pivot has been made of aluminum. The steel clutch pusher is now Ti. Unstressed internal motor bolts are aluminum.

Really the cost does not matter. When you don't do the following.
Smoke, tobacco, drink.

Do the following
Pack lunch
Drive company van
Empty nesters
Eat out rarely
No fast food
1 hobby v's multiple
Work side jobs for Titanium ;)

The nice thing is buying a little @ a time.
Doing a few bolts here n there is nice, and it's not a BIG hit to the wallet that way.
Also don't sell bike with Ti bolts. Keep them for next rides many transfer.
This bike I had to buy due to selling last bike with all the titanium. Guy paid extra to leave them.
I would like to add as Bryan has started me on the long road to the wizard of titanium, they charge a hell of a lot more for colored Ti. If you don’t have OCD like me, the standard Ti color can save you a lot.
I ordered a few plain Ti bolts to try my hand at anodizing with 27volts dc which should produce a nice blue finish. If I am successful I will be able to still get blue Ti for half the cost

Steven its looking good . You need to get some nail polish that is same color to touch up the missing paint on the wheels .
Lol I was thinking that exact same thing. I was trying to figure out if I would be visible once mounted. I didn’t actually think of nail polish though I was going to check colorrite but now that you mention it a trip to CVS may be in order.

Hey Bryan I know you have it on one of the other threads but can you post up the kickstand bolts and the suspension link bolts I want it order them up in Ti, I just ordered adjustable lowering links and billet adjustable side stand and want to install with Ti hardware.

Roger that, I included Aluminum (Al) in my post.
It would be interesting to see the weight savings to see if they equate to the cost.
Yellow, do you have any issues with the aluminum bolts you use and the heads being very soft?? I had started using some aluminum bolts here and there but I found the heads to be too fragile for my lack of patience. A few times I didn’t seat my Allen socket all the way in and fubar’d them lol. I’m the type of guy that once something pisses me off I don’t go back for a real REAL long time. The Ti bolts are WAY more forgiving.

Back