Pricing on 2002 Busa

Lyrikz

Registered
Hi. Just need some quick advice. First id like to say how much this site kicks butt. I have never been to a site where there is next to 0 on flaming. Everyone seems to be very smart and intelligent.. Well, enough belly rubbing, here is my question.
Im getting ready to purchase a 2002 Triple black MIdnight falcon busa. It has 700 miles on it and the guy is asking 9200 for the bike. I want to know what is the value of the bike and what i should get it for? ITs friday night right now, i go see him tomorrow...

Let me know.

THAT IS WAY TOO MUCH MONEY FOR AN '02. THE '04S ARE OUT NOW AND YOU CAN GET ONE FOR $10,000, PROBABLY LESS.

A GUY IN CHICAGO IS SELLING AN '02 ON HERE FOR $7,000.

DON'T PAY THAT MUCH!

I agree with Thinker - I paid $7,500 for my 01 back in 2002 and it only had 400 miles on it. Keep looking, you'll find what you are looking for. Now is the time to buy (if you live in the snow belt) but there are much better deals ot be had. Also, don't let this guy tell you that because it is all black it is a limited addition and therefore worth the extra money. Good luck.

Kelly's Blue Book has retail at 8185, 9200 is way to much.
Tell him to keep it at that price.
Just because it has low miles, doesn't make it gold.

way to much i would offer about 7000 to 7500 and stick to it, never pay more than retail on anything... my .02 cents if he doesnt take it keep looking you'll find the right deal on the right bike.. good luck
smile.gif

Yeah man, and ditto on what everyone else has said.  I purchased my bike brand spankin' new in '02 and I paid $9100 minus tt&l.  After I paid tt&l and the $500 it took to get it shipped to me, I still had my local dealer beat by just over $600 before tt&l.  Just don't get impetuous and excited.  The right deal is out there for you...you just have to be patient and find it.  As a matter of fact, my local dealer is trying to get rid of the remainder of their last '03's for $9000.   Good Luck and Welcome to the board.  Keep coming back because there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Brian

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076188257 -->

umm.....wouldn't "OTD" typically include tax and dmv fees? It does at my dealership...just wondering.

yeah way to much...I bought my 03 with 0 mi for a hundred more than that.
wow.gif

umm.....wouldn't "OTD" typically include tax and dmv fees? It does at my dealership...just wondering.
Well guys.. I called the guy with the black busa and he said he isnt budging off 9200.. SO, im going back to the dealer and am going to see if i can get teh blue/silver one out the door for 10500.... Hopefully from what alot of you guys said, this should be doable...

Thanks for the advice.

SO, im going back to the dealer and am going to see if i can get teh blue/silver one out the door for 10500.... Hopefully from what alot of you guys said, this should be doable...

Thanks for the advice.
Don't get me wrong, $10,500 is an okay price but you can do better.

If you aren't getting it for $10,000 or less OUT THE DOOR, you just aren't working them enough.

If your okay with $10,500 then so is the dealer but you can do better. At least get them to throw in a $500(retail) Helmet, jacket or something!

Now go get that BUSA!

Josh
blues.gif

thats too much for a 02 busa with only 700 miles... especially since you could get my 01 with 6500 for the same price.. I'll even autograph the tank if you want me too!

haha.. jus' goofin.
biggrin.gif

Well guys.. I called the guy with the black busa and he said he isnt budging off 9200.. SO, im going back to the dealer and am going to see if i can get teh blue/silver one out the door for 10500.... Hopefully from what alot of you guys said, this should be doable...

Thanks for the advice.
First, that had better be for an '04. Look around and call around dude. I don't know where you are, but try calling Champion in Chicago. They will ship it to you. I think the Chicago price war still rages.

Thanks for the advice.
First, that had better be for an '04. Look around and call around dude. I don't know where you are, but try calling Champion in Chicago. They will ship it to you. I think the Chicago price war still rages.
Ok, i picked it up today... Here let me snap a pic right quick... one second.

*sorry, dont know why i thought i was talking to someone live*

here

I got 5500 for my trade in, plus i got a free set of some nice gloves and a new helmet... Out the door price was 11000.. Little tough up here because these are kinda rare here and sell pretty easy... Im happy.. Cant wait for break in to be over so i can see what it feels like above 5000 rpms.

i paid 9000 for my 02 in aug of 03, so thats too much, 8 sounds fair to me, but it wil be hard to find another limited edition with no or low miles, so its worth whatever your willing to pay for it

Lyrikz,

Good choice!  I really like the 04' Blue/Silver, oh and don't take it to easy on the break in.  Run it up a few times(10k RPM's) but don't hit the LIMITER and you should be fine.  

As long as you feal you got a good deal that's all that matters.  Have fun, be safe, and POST MORE PICS when you get a chance.  

For all those that think the LE and SE require a higher price tag, I bought my brand "NEW" 03 BLACK SE for $9,016 OTD.(Oregon has NO SALES TAX!)

Josh
blues.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076295311 -->

$7,500.00 no more...Tell him you can't pay for the special paint...
evil.gif

Back