Priceless - Cop tries to hastle an open carry law student and gets owned

sicheneder333

Registered
student teaches police officer the gun law. Closed Captioned for hearing impaired - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
lmao.... another stret lawyer who thinks he knows the law. what a schmuck! where exactly did the cop get owned?

Well, I'm probably biased on this issue, but the same people that really enjoy this vid are the same ones that yell at the top of their lungs when the guy walks into a school, and opens fire, then make comments about the guy walked right by a cop and he didn't do a thing, probably late for his donut :laugh:

Just another **** house attorney that thinks he knows criminal law.. probably studying to be a mineral rights attorney....

lmao.... another stret lawyer who thinks he knows the law. what a schmuck! where exactly did the cop get owned?

I just thought it was funny. "I need your I.D." ... "Um, no" ... "Okay, let me have your name". ... "Um, no." Then his supervisor comes and says he can have his gun back and is free to go. You may or may not agree with gun laws, but the cops should atleast KNOW the basics of law. Cops are always trying to extend their authority into areas they are not allowed in, and often get away with it because people are either scared to buck the systm or don't know any better.

I just thought it was funny. "I need your I.D." ... "Um, no" ... "Okay, let me have your name". ... "Um, no." Then his supervisor comes and says he can have his gun back and is free to go. You may or may not agree with gun laws, but the cops should atleast KNOW the basics of law. Cops are always trying to extend their authority into areas they are not allowed in, and often get away with it because people are either scared to buck the systm or don't know any better.

Just remember that you thought it was funny.. Someone called in with a concern with a man with a gun... Just wait till that same call comes in and Police don't respond... They are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation..

by law in this state you have to give your name and have id at all times

Old video. was taken in Portland, Maine about 2-3 years ago. Maine is an open carry state, however, It is correct that you need to carry ID at all times and MUST surrender it at the request of a police officer. there are also indigent laws in Maine. Meaning you can't walk the street with no money at all. I have seen that used to take someone into custody. Albeit that person REALLY needed to be taken into custody. Not a big fan of over pompous law enforcement but they are in a no win situation.

I guess the owned part was where the man never gave his ID and left with his gun.

However, I totally see the position it puts the officers in. He could have easily cooperated, shown his ID and been on his way. However, if his name goes on ANY log, then I can also see his point of refusing it. I'm also not sure of the logic of open carry down a city street, unless it's sole purpose was to create such confrontation. Either way, he's the first one getting shot...

Back