Price of airfilters outrageous

2hip

Registered
Guys, stopped by the stealership today and they didn't have airfilters for the 2008. Paid 48 dollars for a new filter.. Is that an average price? And have to wait a week for the holidays before arrival. While I was there tried to see if they got the new Connies in for 2010. Was told not till March..Kawi is traditionally late...Any opinions on the Connie drive shaft versus chain? Is drive train lash something that is annoying or barely perceptible? Never driven a bike with a set up like that..just wondering.2hip

I think that's in the ballpark. I kept mine for a few years and vacuum cleaned them once or twice. I know not supposed to do that, but they were not terribly dirty in the first place and I was very careful. After that I got a washable one, IIRC K&N brand, don't remember the exact price, but it was around $40-$60.

That's cheap compared to aftermarket ones!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Aftermarket filters are reusable most of the time. That would be why they cost more than the stocker. That price seems a little bit steep for the stock filter IMO. IIRC I purchased a stocker for $35.

Last edited:
Guys, stopped by the stealership today and they didn't have airfilters for the 2008. Paid 48 dollars for a new filter.. Is that an average price? And have to wait a week for the holidays before arrival. While I was there tried to see if they got the new Connies in for 2010. Was told not till March..Kawi is traditionally late...Any opinions on the Connie drive shaft versus chain? Is drive train lash something that is annoying or barely perceptible? Never driven a bike with a set up like that..just wondering.2hip

I'll sell you a BNIB filter for 1/2 that + shipping.

Lash on the C14 drive line is almost imperceptible.

Last edited:
That's why I switched to K&N. In the long run the rechargable filters are much less expensive than the paper ones.

sort of mixed on this one.. the OEM filter is good for an easy 15K in most areas of the country.. the vast majority of the bikes I look at do not have the many miles on them in 3 or 4 years..

$35 for OEM and 15K miles
$80 for Aftermarket/$25 for recharge kit so $105

I went aftermarket just because I got a long deal from Pashnit on a group buy..

Aftermarket Filters are way overpriced to begin with imo but your paying for the BS research and "technology" that they put into them...so what eva:laugh::laugh: I agree with bogus...unless you are a mile hound a stocker will do just fine...as long as you maintain it...

That's cheap compared to aftermarket ones!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a used K&N filter I'll sell for $35 shipped in the US...

Out of my 2008

Great shape, clean and go...I just went with a race filter instead

just PM me if interested...

You got plenty of answers on the air filter question already, so I'll take the other part of your post. To answer your C-14 question: Shaft jacking, "porpoising", or whatever you choose to call it is negligible on my '08 C-14. I have experience with Moto-Guzzi and B.M.W. shaft systems, and Kawasaki's Tetra-Lever setup is far better, IMHO.

thanks for all of the responses guys...already pd for the darn thing...so it is bought...one thing that came out of the questions was I didn't know that they are good for 15K...rode the bike alot for this year and still am only up to 6k...so I guess I am good for another yr. While Wendy is up on the stands I'll inspect the filter. 2hip

Back