price for OEM seats

outlaw96u

Registered
so i found a guy in my local area that has both seats for a Gen II, they are pretty much brand new since he put corbin seats on a few days after purchasing the bike, i asked him if he would sell them, he said yea but only after he had spoken to the local stealership on what a good price would be so that the both of us are getting the best deal. Im just curious to see what everyones opinion is on a good reasonable price.

Hmm, my local dealer has them listed for 221 and 170 for the k9.

I bought a spare front brand new on Ebay for $85.
I still have it & If you can't work a reasonable deal with that cat, I'll give it to you for what I paid + shipping.

seems like a lot of money for a low quality seat. You would be better off buying the Hayabusa Gel Seat.

seems like a lot of money for a low quality seat. You would be better off buying the Hayabusa Gel Seat.

That's the problem with seats, they are 100% a personal preference. You like the gel seat, and I had it and hated it. I also dislike the New Image that many folks love. I've been a Corbin fan for many years, and I'm now waiting for Kontour to upgrade my seat(shipped to them today:thumbsup:)
There are also at least 3 or 4 other companies that make or cutomize Busa seats.
The best thing you can do is to try to sit on someone else's bike that has the seat you're thinking about buying. Or just be prepared to buy something different if what you get isn't comfortable for you personally. Different brands also take different lengths of time to completely break in, which does make a big difference in comfort too.:beerchug:

I recently bought a front seat for $75 shipped from another .org member. I had bid on a couple on Ebay, but $75 was my top dollar I was willing to pay so they got away from me.

I plan to send mine in to Kontour or Russell Day Long to be hacked up into a nice sofa.

wow he just told me that he wanted 223 for the front and 170 for the passenger. LOL . HELL NO

I have a gently used Corbin for sale :whistle:
P.S. Sous and sixpack are the happy NEW owners of the Gen II front seats I sold recently.....they both robbed me blind :laugh:

I have a gently used Corbin for sale :whistle:
P.S. Sous and sixpack are the happy NEW owners of the Gen II front seats I sold recently.....they both robbed me blind :laugh:

I did! And I stuck him for $2.48! Hey Sous, I got a better deal than you!:moon:
:rofl::rofl:
But seriously, thankyou Kromdom, $75 was/is a steal for a stock gen2 seat!:beerchug:

I told him to give you the better deal Six, just so you know.

Thanks again Kromdom, we both appreciate it and I will credit you with supplying me with the pan when I send it off to be ripped apart.

Outlaw, just keep an eye on Ebay and CL, they are out there. You just have to be patient.

I told him to give you the better deal Six, just so you know.

Thanks again Kromdom, we both appreciate it and I will credit you with supplying me with the pan when I send it off to be ripped apart.

Outlaw, just keep an eye on Ebay and CL, they are out there. You just have to be patient.

Good lookin out:thumbsup::laugh:

Sous and sixpack,
You are both very welcome :thumbsup:
P.S. I will neither confirm nor deny that one or the other got a better deal :whistle:

outlaw, got your PM. Here is the Corbin I had on my old 08 (may she R.I.P.)
195543d1279981873-frame-plugs-frame-plugs.jpg

wow he just told me that he wanted 223 for the front and 170 for the passenger. LOL . HELL NO

:rofl:

I hope you told him you can get them for 1/4 that price and if you wanted to get hosed by paying FULL RETAIL, you would just go to the dealer... :banghead:

I offered him 150.00 and he said that he cant let them go for no cheaper than 250.00. they have been sitting in a box in his garage since 09, he has no use for them. i just wanted to take them off his hands and he could of had 150.00 that he didnt have before, oh and i would of had to drive 85 miles to get them. but hey it is what it is

I offered him 150.00 and he said that he cant let them go for no cheaper than 250.00. they have been sitting in a box in his garage since 09, he has no use for them. i just wanted to take them off his hands and he could of had 150.00 that he didnt have before, oh and i would of had to drive 85 miles to get them. but hey it is what it is

That's crazy. They are worth less than half what he told you.

They need to sit in his garage a few more years before he realizes that.

Back