Votes: 139 66.8%
  • Obama/Biden

Votes: 49 23.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Don't Vote

Votes: 13 6.3%

• Total voters
For all the people that jump on the anti Bush media train, remember who runs the crap information coming out of your idiot box.
It's called an idiot box because some people believe everything they see and hear on it. Same with newspapers.
The media is owned and run by people who have their own agenda's.
You must be careful and search through the tons of misinformation and find the truth, not easy to do.
After September 11 we wanted payback and were all for going after those responsible and those training and equipping the terrorists planning on future attacks.
President Bush knew it would not happen overnight and told the American people to be prepared to be there for many years to come. (we are still in Europe and Japan)
Now many want to cut and run and say we should have never been there at all.
This mainly comes from paid protesters that don't have real jobs and the liberal media that think we should just give a terrorist a hug and all will be better.
Then you have the people that constantly compare every war to Vietnam.
If we cut and run...... then we can see a comparison in that respect.
Vietnam was then and this is now. Lesson learned then was LET THE MILITARY DO THE JOB THEY WERE PAID TO DO. NEVER CUT AND RUN!

As far as the rich morally bankrupt Hollywood group are concerned, we the working group of Americans should shoulder the responsibility of taking care of all the people who are not willing to go out and work for themselves and want a government hand out.
Higher taxes and more so called "free programs" paid for by the working middle class.
Nothing is free in this world, you and I will pay for it.
The people that tell me they will lower taxes and let me keep more of MY MONEY will get my vote.
Would you go find a drug addict and hand him $100 bills and feel good about it?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This was very well written. I think this is DEAD ON

I more than understand some of your frustrations. I am by no means rich or well off. I am working class and have had to work for every thing I have ever had. I have had to pay my own way through college and fend for myself the whole way. There have been times in my life where I have had to work two full time jobs just to survive, did it for 4 years straight at one point. But with that said if someone has done better than me, I don't hold it against them if they get or have something I don't. It gives me hope that if I push harder I may some day have that also. When it comes to taxes I have heard so so many people say that Bush's tax breaks didn't help the poor or middle class, they only helped the rich. Don't take my word on it, go ask a certified public accountant or a tax professional. We in the working class benefited greatly from the Bush tax cuts. I'm not going to say those who make much more money didn't benefit as well but it's a numbers game. 10% of 1000 is 100, 10% of 10,000 is 1,000 and so on. So if someone makes more and gets a bigger tax break is that unfair when it was the same tax break that everyone got??

Part of what I base my beliefs on is this. Big business and big money employ most of the people in this country. If they get a tax break or a tax cut it saves them money, yes and they make a bit more profit. In turn they have the money to hire new people, expand their business etc which in turn helps us working class. Put yourself in the business owners shoes. First off your purpose for running that business is to make profit. Very few businesses are run for fun or leisure and the only ones run to create jobs are government funded programs that we the working class pay for. If the government increases your tax burden you have two options, you lose profit or you make cuts in your business to offset those amounts. Most business owners will not take well to lost profits so they make cuts and one of the quickest easiest cuts is to lay off working class people who make their business run.

With that said, how much more should the rich be paying in taxes? Should we soak the rich with more taxes? What is rich? 45k per year? 100k per year? 1,000,000 per year? When the dems talk about rich they never put a dollar amount on it do they? A majority in this country always think that the "RICH" is someone else that makes a whole lot more money.

As far as the statement "A person that has that much money can't relate to me or the people from my geographical area" I remind you that Obama and his wife are both lawyers and not the type lawyers that come from your local four year university that work divorce cases and etc in your local neighborhood. Ivy League class here. I also remind you that Obama has written books that have sold very well. Obama has been in politics for a few years as well. Obama is by no means poor.

Sorry to write a book, just wanted to convey a few thoughts.

:agree:

CTA! :beerchug: I love this...! I don't want you to think that I'm from the hood or some really lower class. Let me give you an idea where I'm coming from...! I have a 6 figure income and have owned several houses in the past 8 years. I also make a lil more than my parents, but my father became ill and suffers from dementia. My father has a bad nerve in his foot that stops him from standing for a long period of time. If you don’t know anyone with dementia, let me tell you it is a crazy thing to go through to say the least…! The reason I’m telling you this is because my parents can’t get any help. My mother has never had to hold down a household before and she has no idea how to handle it. What makes it worse is that my father sometimes doesn’t understand that he has a problem, and just yells and curses everyone out… I believe that the government should help people in this situation. My father was turned down for all assistance, even though he failed the entire test the doctors gave him. I have been paying for a lot of things for my parents and it’s a lil to much for me at times. It would be okay if the government didn’t give any money, but how about some medical…! Both of my parent have high blood pressure, my mother is diabetic. Not all people needing a hand out are dope heads, and worthless…
That brings me to BUSA159…:poke:
I’m not saying Bush’s ideas are bad I just would like to see something different for a change. I’m not the one for a cut and run! I don’t even think it’s possible to just leave. I think that part of our country’s issues is above my thinking process. I think we can help more people that need it here! I had fallen into rough times but I didn’t think the government should’ve helped me out, because I could handle it…! When I talk about people relating to me and people like me, I’m just saying the struggle is different for different people. Tax breaks for the rich! Give everybody a tax break I don’t care who gets it, let’s make sure we take care of the people that can’t work therefore can’t pay taxes! I’m far from a democrat, I’m a gun loving smoker…! I’m not a political guy by any means, I just like to be sold on ideas! I would have voted for Bill Clinton, but now that I’m older I think it would have been a bad idea, because of things I’ve learned recently. Anyway! I don’t really think much is going to change. The country has been like this for a while, and just because I believe in something doesn’t mean its right, it’s just what I believe in…!

man, I'm sorry to hear about your dad and the stress I know is on your mom. That is def. a failure at some level with assistance and we ALL have seen or heard of people pulling up to get their food stamps in a brand new Mercedes. There def. seems to be an easy fix for this somehow and I dont know why they cant get it right. How many people have your parents had to deal with from the govt. about this. probably a lot and not one of them sees this as a prime case of what the system was made for in the first place.

Latest Gallop POLL

(Sept. 7) - John McCain has overtaken Barack Obama in the Gallup daily tracking poll and has his highest level of support in that poll since early May.

McCain leads Obama 48 percent to 45 percent among registered voters, by Gallup’s measure.

So much for the Dems saying it was over by picking Palin :lol:

Interesting story reference the Gallup poll.

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (Reuters) - Republican John McCain heads into the final stretch of the U.S. presidential campaign with a 4-point lead over Democrat Barack Obama, a USA Today/Gallup poll released on Sunday showed.

The lead was McCain's biggest since January and a turnaround from a USA Today poll taken just before last week's Republican Party convention opened, when the veteran Arizona senator trailed Obama by 7 percentage points.

The new poll, taken Friday through Sunday, showed McCain leading Obama, a first-term senator from Illinois, by 50 percent to 46 percent among registered voters with less than two months before the November 4 election.

Link to whole story McCain takes 4-point lead over Obama in poll - Yahoo! News

According to the story McCain was trailing by 7 points just before the start of the Republican National Convention and is now up 4 points.

If I am not mistaken he has had a larger bounce than Obama.

Hmmmm!! :beerchug::beerchug:

Wouldjya look at that, so far 117 votes for McCain/Palin and 32 votes for Obama/Biden.

:thumbsup:

I think the democrats on this board are in denial (no, not the the place in Egypt)

:poke::

Interesting story reference the Gallup poll.

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (Reuters) - Republican John McCain heads into the final stretch of the U.S. presidential campaign with a 4-point lead over Democrat Barack Obama, a USA Today/Gallup poll released on Sunday showed.

The lead was McCain's biggest since January and a turnaround from a USA Today poll taken just before last week's Republican Party convention opened, when the veteran Arizona senator trailed Obama by 7 percentage points.

The new poll, taken Friday through Sunday, showed McCain leading Obama, a first-term senator from Illinois, by 50 percent to 46 percent among registered voters with less than two months before the November 4 election.

Link to whole story McCain takes 4-point lead over Obama in poll - Yahoo! News

According to the story McCain was trailing by 7 points just before the start of the Republican National Convention and is now up 4 points.

If I am not mistaken he has had a larger bounce than Obama.

Hmmmm!! :beerchug::beerchug:

Thats because the Liberal media was FINALLY forced to air McCain and his running platform. They couldnt just shove it in the back of the news and let OBSAMA take the spotlight. Plus I think Palin was a VERY smart choice for running mate and helped quite a bit. Should be interesting to see how it ends up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw on the news the polls now show McCain has a 10 point lead..

GO GO McCain/Palin!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

I just saw on the news the polls now show McCain has a 10 point lead..

GO GO McCain/Palin!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

yeah and you have to love the media, for instance, if Obama was to have a 10 point lead you would see it every where. Now that McCain has pulled ahead it's hard to find a headline about any polls. Take yahoo for example, go to Yahoo! and it is nowhere to be found. If it were the other way it would be the top headline, you would have pictures and videos and all kinds of people saying how great it was.

I will also add I know at least one person personally that a month ago was saying there was no way they would vote for McCain and Obama definitely had their vote. Couldn't sway them for nothing. Enter Sarah Palin, that person is now saying they plan to vote McCain. :thumbsup: I'm sure there are many many that are thinking the same way.

Should be interesting watching the dems grasp for straws as they continue to lose ground, it will only get more interesting, especially after the VP debate set for October. Biden is set to take a :spank::spank::spank:

Thats because the Liberal media was FINALLY forced to air McCain and his running platform. They couldnt just shove it in the back of the news and let OBSAMA take the spotlight. Plus I think Palin was a VERY smart choice for running mate and helped quite a bit. Should be interesting to see how it ends up.

Awesome video clip, one that every person should take the time to watch. :thumbsup:

Who cought this???

That was part 2 of 4, I've seen them all except for part 1. And to think the media made fun of the way Bush talked. This guy has more "uhs" than a third grader at show and tell and I'm still not sure he really said anything of substance. Empty suit, is that the term they are using??

Best quote from your clip, near the end, Obama states "Tax cut, tax hikes, uh (small pause) what you just talked about"

Gotta love Bill O'Reilly. If you go in and try to slide one by him he will eat you alive and that is what Obama tried to do.

“Part of what I base my beliefs on is this. Big business and big money employ most of the people in this country. If they get a tax break or a tax cut it saves them money, yes and they make a bit more profit. In turn they have the money to hire new people, expand their business etc which in turn helps us working class. Put yourself in the business owners shoes. First off your purpose for running that business is to make profit. Very few businesses are run for fun or leisure and the only ones run to create jobs are government funded programs that we the working class pay for. If the government increases your tax burden you have two options, you lose profit or you make cuts in your business to offset those amounts. Most business owners will not take well to lost profits so they make cuts and one of the quickest easiest cuts is to lay off working class people who make their business run.â€￾

The truth is that this theory has not proven to be true. This was the basis of Reagan’s supply-side economics and it did not have the effect that was predicted and it has not over time.

All this does is make business owners very wealthy while creating a larger gap between the rich and poor. In fact with in place these policies created the largest gap between the rich and the poor since the great depression.

What works is putting money in the pockets of everyday people. Unfortunately raising taxes on the wealthiest 5% who benefited most from Reagan’s tax cuts, while cutting taxes for the other 95%. This gives the lower 95% greater disposable income to spend growing the economy. Profits supposedly lost due to higher taxation will be made up through more sales.

“Part of what I base my beliefs on is this. Big business and big money employ most of the people in this country. If they get a tax break or a tax cut it saves them money, yes and they make a bit more profit. In turn they have the money to hire new people, expand their business etc which in turn helps us working class. Put yourself in the business owners shoes. First off your purpose for running that business is to make profit. Very few businesses are run for fun or leisure and the only ones run to create jobs are government funded programs that we the working class pay for. If the government increases your tax burden you have two options, you lose profit or you make cuts in your business to offset those amounts. Most business owners will not take well to lost profits so they make cuts and one of the quickest easiest cuts is to lay off working class people who make their business run.â€￾

The truth is that this theory has not proven to be true. This was the basis of Reagan’s supply-side economics and it did not have the effect that was predicted and it has not over time.

All this does is make business owners very wealthy while creating a larger gap between the rich and poor. In fact with in place these policies created the largest gap between the rich and the poor since the great depression.

What works is putting money in the pockets of everyday people. Unfortunately raising taxes on the wealthiest 5% who benefited most from Reagan’s tax cuts, while cutting taxes for the other 95%. This gives the lower 95% greater disposable income to spend growing the economy. Profits supposedly lost due to higher taxation will be made up through more sales.

Thanks for using one of my quotes. As for Reagan, you don't want to open that can of worms. He will be remembered as one of the greatest from our times.

Thanks for using one of my quotes. As for Reagan, you don't want to open that can of worms. He will be remembered as one of the greatest from our times.

I used your quote to illustrate that you are misinformed hopefully you llearn something from it.

Reagan the greatest of all time based on what exactly? making you feel good? His economic policy was awful, he created a huge deficit....please get out a book and read educate yourself and STOP watching FOX.

I used your quote to illustrate that you are misinformed hopefully you llearn something from it.

Reagan the greatest of all time based on what exactly? making you feel good? His economic policy was awful, he created a huge deficit....please get out a book and read educate yourself and STOP watching FOX.

You will never sway anyone to vote for McCain if he has the nerve to say that Reagan was anything but a great President. But then again, what do they have to look back to. . . Clinton? We know what he spent his presidency doing.

The links above to the clip you guys keep talking about isn't working. Can you repost so I can view it, or can you send me the link?

The links above to the clip you guys keep talking about isn't working. Can you repost so I can view it said:
- TPMtv: Dazed and Confused[/url]

Back