Prescription riding glasses, any advice

4HSMEN

Registered
I am looking for Prescription riding glasses that wrap around more to fit under helmet. Anyone purchase a pair before, any recommendations? thanks

I am looking for Prescription riding glasses that wrap around more to fit under helmet. Anyone purchase a pair before, any recommendations? thanks

Good topic I was thinking the same thing, these new contacts I got suck.

most optometry offices/commercial opticals can put prescription lenses into a lot of sunglasses, you can get em tinted, polarized, whatever you want. stop by your local docs office or a walmart, lens crafters or equivalent, they should be able to hook you up.

added benifit you can try them on, you can always take your helmet too, to see how they fit under the helmet.

some places can also trace a frame you bring in and put prescription lenses in them for ya.

nick

I have Oakley Prescription glasses and they are great and they have a good warranty also.:thumbsup:

I use nike memory metal, with polycarbinate lenses. They only slide along the side of the head so I would never use them with out a helmet. They were about $300. A little expensive but I can tie them in a knot.

I just got my glasses in today I was haveing trouble seeing at nite. I couldnt keep contacts in either. I got rimless so they would be lite and not slide around ,transition lenses with an anti glare coating . So far I feel like i can almost see into the future,did not know my eyes were that bad. Can't wait to see how they are tonight. I was told the antiglare coating was the shiz, well see ,Ill let you know.

I just got my glasses in today I was haveing trouble seeing at nite. I couldnt keep contacts in either. I got rimless so they would be lite and not slide around ,transition lenses with an anti glare coating . So far I feel like i can almost see into the future,did not know my eyes were that bad. Can't wait to see how they are tonight. I was told the antiglare coating was the shiz, well see ,Ill let you know.

I have the anti-glare on mine also and it is great.:thumbsup:

man i got contacts now but with those you can buy some cheap glasses woth the foam around the eye part and no worries i have ran tripple digits that way....with no helmet....glasses on the other hand, oakley,s are nice but dam expensive so go to an optician and talk to them about either contacts or glasses tell them you ride..ask them if you can take the try on glasses out for a ride to see what kind of air you get through them they should be able to help you. well you won,t have to do that last part if you always where a helmet so hope it helps if you need some more ideas my number is in my signature or pm me and i will do the best i can to help
Posted via Mobile Device

Bring your helmets to the optician and try putting on the frames with your helmets. I recently bought a new pair that I thought would slide up under my helmet like my old pairs - got'em and it was a no go... Great glasses just can't seem to push them up behind my ear. My solution - bought a modular helment for $350 HJC Sy Max. Very nice helmet - wind noise a little on the loud side... And I can slip the helmet over any glasses!

Back