Prepping for Irene.

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
I have the trailer hooked to the truck, stabilizers on the trailer down, busa strapped down in the trailer should I need to evac, the trailer and truck are parked smack dab in the middle of the parking lot surrounded by trucks and cars that will block the wind and also parked nowhere near any trees to fall on it. I am keeping close eye on the storms strength should I feel the need to temporarily evacuate while the storm is hitting. The base will be close to all but essential personnel tomorrow but I will be able to leave before the nastiness arrives if I need to....

I have loaded up my bike into the toy hauler and hooked up to my truck ready to pull out in the morning. Ocean City has already been told to evacuate, I am not far from there.

Russell. You should go borrow some stabilizers from a howitzer and mount them to the side of the trailer and bolt them to the parking lot :). I'm sure the reserve unit near you wouldn't mind. :p

Isnt there anywhere inside that you can put your bike?
In a trailer outside seems like a recipe for disaster. Have you ever seen or felt hurricane strength winds?
A little trailer can get blown around like lawn furniture.

Yes I have been through 3 hurricanes. Charlie in 04 being one of them. The trailer wont be going anywhere. If i get too uneasey I will just pull it into the barracks lounge on the first level :laugh:

Keep your heads down and stay safe. We staged crews from Oklahoma in Birmingham yesterday originally planned for Florida, I think they are heading north now.

be safe down there and keep an eye on things. I took my bike to the dealership today for service, which I knew they wont have done for a week soooo since I'm going to be away and not able to ride anyway I figure its just as safe with them and if something does happen, its their insurance not mine :laugh:

I've backed the trailer against the garage door but it seems we are going to have weather, every store I stopped at today had no batteries, not even the little CR type :whistle: And Target was sold slam out of all batteries, flashlights, bottled water, etc....crazy stuff and its not due here til Sunday :banghead:

Back