Preparation

darth frosty

Registered
I just changed my oil Myself for the first time(3000 miles) did the steering dampner mod to 90wt gear oil and installed my hid kit(things are friggin bright.)

Before I did all this I went thru my normal ritual for new projects that I am not familar with. I read every thing I can on the subject, find the approach that I like best. Than I go thru and re-read the steps till I have t he process firmly in my mind. I was just wondering do any of you have a similar ritual you go thru before working on your bike or trying to do a new task?

Sounds like me.
beerchug.gif

I usually run around my house two times in my Spiderman PJ's (you know,, the ones with the cool trap door in the back) ,, run into the garage and stand directly in front of the wash basin and mirror and make painful faces and cause myself to laugh repeatedly until I can't stand it anymore!

Then,,, and only then,, can I work on my bike!
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
laugh.gif

Good thing to do - read up as much as you can! Search here, too! Lots of folks have written about what they've found - perhaps some gotcha's to look out for - or better yet, helpful hints and tips to make the job go easier!

I've pulled my engine twice searching for a coolant leak and searching the boards was helpful.
cool.gif

Back