Prelude the the 2010 pashnit tour season...

Great pics!! Pacemaster and I ride those "three passes" frequently (Monitor, Ebbetts, Sonora) during the summer...............can hardly wait for spring!! :beerchug:

One of these days....don't know how...don't know when...but I am getting out there to ride. So amazing, truly beautiful photographs!!:beerchug:

I always love the pics that you share with us Pashnit. They are some of the best that I have seen. Would really like to go on a tour with you one of these days!

Seeing these great pics just made me feel more depressed that me and Scar couldn't get out for our ride to the Grand Canyon!

Awesome pictures and scenery.Tim how i wish i can fly there now and join you for the ride.Keep them coming:thumbsup:

Tim - did you remove the Clearwater LEDs, or are these just old pics?

Scott, this Pashnit Tour was done in June, as we're enjoying the snow in the peaks. I got the Clearwater Lights installed last fall when those went on the market (this bike was the prototype for the Gen-I busa). This pic set is unusual b/c normally I'm the one taking all the pics so I rarely see other riders pics of the rides- much less of yours truly riding around on the Busa.
:cheerleader:

8314 ft summit of Monitor Pass - Not visible in this pic is a fire lookout atop that peak in front of me. Always wanted to go up there.
177717d1266666289-prelude-2010-pashnit-tour-season-800_img_0481_monitorpass.jpg

Plus the waterfall shots in Yosemite NP are at full strength, and all that water is actually just snow melt. By August when we come through here again, it's typically bone dry so one of the best times to be in Yosemite is that late Spring as the snow melts. Absolutely beautiful scenery.

From where we are standing to the top there... the top is a 1/2 mile above us.

177720d1266666386-prelude-2010-pashnit-tour-season-img_0158_yosemite.jpg

Bit of info about the photo you are looking at...

Highest falls in North America right there!

Yosemite Falls is the highest measured waterfall in North America. The total 739 metres (2,420 ft) from the top of the upper falls to the base of the lower falls[1] qualifies Yosemite Falls as the sixth highest waterfall in the world, though with the recent discovery of Gocta Cataracts, it appears on some lists as seventh.[2]

Although often referred to[by whom?] as a "two-stage drop", the falls actually consist of three sections:

* Upper Falls: The 436 metres (1,430 ft) plunge alone is among the twenty highest waterfalls in the world. Trails from the valley floor and down from other park areas outside the valley lead to both the top and base of Upper Yosemite Falls. The upper fall is formed by the swift waters of Yosemite Creek, which, after meandering through Eagle Creek Meadow, hurl themselves over the edge of a hanging valley in a spectacular and deafening show of force.

* Middle Cascades: Between the two obvious main plunges there are a series of five smaller plunges collectively referred to as the Middle Cascades. Taken together these account for a total drop of 205 metres (670 ft), more than twice the height of the Lower Falls. Because of the narrow, constricted shape of the gorge in which these drops occur and the lack of public access, they are rarely noted. Most viewpoints in the valley miss them entirely. Several vantage points for the cascades are found along the Yosemite Falls trail. Several hikers climbing down from the trail towards the cascades have required an expensive helicopter rescue due to steep and slippery terrain and features.

* Lower Falls: The final 97 metres (320 ft) drop adjacent to an accessible viewing area, provides the most-used viewing point for the waterfalls. Yosemite Creek emerges from the base of the Lower Falls and flows into the Merced River nearby. Like many areas of Yosemite the plunge pool at the base of the Lower Falls is surrounded by dangerous jumbles of talus made even more treacherous by the high humidity and resulting slippery surfaces.

Ever get a chance to see Yosemite... Go!

Img_1946_Yosemite_Valley.jpg

Img_1946_Yosemite_Valley.jpg

Back