Pre Brembo Gen 2 vs L3 brakes. Anyone ridden both? Tuffbusa need not reply

Its even on YOUR websites FFS!!!

Those are not MY websites. They obviously belong to someone lazy and stoopid. Perhaps the site designer lives back "across the pond" and not here "In the Colonies."

:laugh:
RSD.

You crack me up!

Now not respecting the ops wishes I'll post anyways because personally, this tread was asking for BS so I will give some of my own. We went from a nice community to a bunch of noobs talkin BS. Get with it!!!!!!!!
Fitting a bike with the Brembo's and ABS is not a selling point for me anyways.

The 01 Busa I had needed to be outfitted with better pads & brake lines for it to feel decent. The 09 I fitted the same & with sintered HH pads. BIG difference and very happy. Now ABS on the front brake? No thank you. That would terrify the crap out of me if the bike didn't do when my hand or foot told it to do. Stick with the 2012 and just do an upgrade. I'm pretty darn positive you'll be doing the same on a 2013. Stock is crap.

Callipers are fine unless you're using the bike for other disciplines..

One finger stoppies is all I need.

Well I'm not a "Yank" I'm Canadian. To me,"L" has always meant the number 50.

So I also had a Tuff time deciphering what the "Limey" meant aswell.:laugh:

If "L' is 50...which it is...then L3 would be 53. But now, for the 2013 Hayabusa designation "L" now means 201.

Slang abbreviations...I hate 'em. Makes me wanna sick my Rottweiler on someone's ass. (no I don't own a Rotti)

RSD.

Got my 2013 and since i only got a 2012 just over 2 months ago when it was brand new I can confirm that the L3 brakes are an improvement with better initial feel.
The pad area is greater and whilst i'm sure aftermarket pads will improve things further when and if necessary.
They also look much cooler...OEM spec or not I like them.

As for those who doubt the usefulness of ABS....I hope you never have to find out how good it is..i read a brake test once about the 1st revision done to the ZZR1400/ZX14 when ABS was added........stopping distance from 60mph was 7m shorter on the ABS bike and the rider said it was solely down to having faith in the system to get the best from the pad/disc/tyre combo and didn't have to modulate his hand or foot...just buried both and held on.
7m may not sound like much but its a car length and a bit and could make all the difference

I LOVE the idea of ABS. Great idea. I want my bike to help me ride it.

I think ABS is great...till it breaks. :laugh:

I can hardly wait for the L8 Busa model...Or maybe even better...the 1BJ model. :whistle:

Maybe the A1 model will have a built in bar-bq.

I want linked-ABS,then I only have to hit one or the other.:thumbsup:

RSD.

i would bet that there wont be any or very little difference... just like the 2011 gsxr-600/750 when road racing world tested them said that they felt no different then the old calipers.. nice touch for bling though...

Diverse opinions on the L3 with Brembo and ABS. I'm awaiting delivery of my 13 LE and while I like ABS, I also fully expect to feel the need to upgrade the brake lines to braided ones come first service, and most likely a sintered metal pad such as HH, at least at the front end. Have done this change to my last few bikes, and it helps with feel and consistent response at the lever.

Like it or not, but the Busa is in essence a budget bike, so with that in mind I see the bike as a bit of a blank canvas...and each owner will upgrade bits and pieces as they see fit.

As for the OP, kinda hard to answer the question you pose, for each rider will interpret the difference between an L2 and L3 ABS version in their own way. The seat of the pants impression from me, all I can say is that I prefer the softer yet more progressive feel of the Brembos, with the L2 Tokicos feeling a bit more wooden if that makes sense. Not lacking in power as such, but the feel is missing. But in the end I wanted ABS and liked the yellow and black LE, so that's what I ordered. Take a few test rides and perhaps judge for yourself?

Anyone who would NOT want ABS on any street motorcycle is a fool in my opinion.

I think Suzuki and Brembo with its engineers wouldn’t release an inferior brake design.

People are always hesitant to embrace new technology and anything that’s an enhancement to the current braking system that could possibly save my life or someone else’s life I’m all for it.

ABS on Motorcycles? - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who would NOT want ABS on any street motorcycle is a fool in my opinion.

I think Suzuki and Brembo with its engineers wouldn’t release an inferior brake design.

People are always hesitant to embrace new technology and anything that’s an enhancement to the current braking system that could possibly save my life or someone else’s life I’m all for it.

ABS on Motorcycles? - YouTube[/url]

I respect your thoughts on ABS but I bought the 12 over the 13 because I did not want ABS for certain reasons. The most important for me is that I have full control over my bike. Call me Old School. Even on my track bikes, I do not have any ABS or traction aids as I fully wish to learn and know my own skillset/limits. Yes, I believe you are safer with ABS and traction control but I also believe you lose part of the interface between man and machine. The ultimate expression on motorcycles for me, which is still my main passion, is Motocross. The bike sliding around, front and rear tires skidding/skipping across the terrain, yet in full control. No wheelie, ABS, traction, yaw, etc. control, just me and the bike. I suppose this is another reason why I like Mountain Biking so much as well. I have all of the above in my Goldwing, but the purposefulness of both bikes is different. I prefer choice over having ABS mandatory.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think ABS should read..... "Solution to a problem that never existed":whistle:

If you read the crash threads there seems to be a number of getoffs due to too much brake. I think ABS may have saved at least some of them, eh?

I love the fact that I can lock up the back anytime I want.

When I get cut off in traffic by the soccer mom in her van or the young ditzy texting chick I like to put on a bit of a show for all the surrounding motorists.

I purposely lock the back tire,skidding right up to their bumper(using the fronts to control and not hit). Makes a huge noise and gets all the other motorists around hating on the person that cut me off.

Kind of juvenile....yes.:laugh:

Fun for me...yes.:rofl:

Does it perhaps provide a little driving lesson for the dim bulbs that cut us off daily...yes.:thumbsup:

Can't do it wih ABS.

RSD.

I love the fact that I can lock up the back anytime I want.

When I get cut off in traffic by the soccer mom in her van or the young ditzy texting chick I like to put on a bit of a show for all the surrounding motorists.

I purposely lock the back tire,skidding right up to their bumper(using the fronts to control and not hit). Makes a huge noise and gets all the other motorists around hating on the person that cut me off.

Kind of juvenile....yes.:laugh:

Fun for me...yes.:rofl:

Does it perhaps provide a little driving lesson for the dim bulbs that cut us off daily...yes.:thumbsup:

Can't do it wih ABS.

RSD.

Cheaper and easier to use the horn.....also in the UK the police frown about that sort of behaviour and would probably result in a caution or point for driving without due care since from their perspective it looks like your not paying attention and braked very late.

Already had one situation where the ABS was nice to have..............had to brake hard in a quick downhill left bend due to a broken down car that I couldn't see on the approach..........using standard fronts could have lowsided the bike and too much rear could slide out due to the amount of lean in use....with the faith in the ABS I could just bury the brakes...........what I am finding is that the front tyre is getting hammered as I'm braking later than normal wet or dry....just over 200 miles and its showing signs of wear higher than my 12' model at 2000 miles.

Hot Dang, I'm heartbroken! :cry:

Maybe if the OP starts enough threads re-phrasing the same old question with abbreviations that only he understands someone will eventually break down, decode his vocabulary and do his research for him?

Just to try and help the poor bloke out I typed "L3 brakes" into the Google search bar and apparently google never heard of it either? :dunno:

My suspicion he is referring to the 2013 busa that comes with brembo brakes. I think he is attempting to use a combination of Roman Numerals and numbers? Just a guess but who tf knows?

Dude...just a thought, but how about if you have nothing of significance to say you simply shut up? It'll be a first for you I know but, hey...try it...you might like it. I know everyone else will!

If you read the crash threads there seems to be a number of getoffs due to too much brake. I think ABS may have saved at least some of them, eh?
yea ur probably right but then again maybe they shud stay ridn scooters vs. motorcycles. a 4000 lb car I can see it as a benifit but not from a 500 lb MC.

I rode a buddies BMW with ABS. Must admit it was fun to play with,waiting till the last second to slam them on. I know they are not a toy,but I had fun with them just the same.

I guess my biggest fear is becoming reliant upon them...one day they will fail. They will break. Everything does sooner or later. What would it take for them to fail..a blown fuse.???

If a person gets them and likes them I think thats great. Its all personal choice right.I mean some guys buy ZX-14's. :laugh:

Enjoy TelBoy,keep us updated.:thumbsup:

RSD.

Dude...just a thought, but how about if you have nothing of significance to say you simply shut up? It'll be a first for you I know but, hey...try it...you might like it. I know everyone else will!

When you get moderator privileges you are welcome to evaluate and modify my posts. Until then, your opinion of me and three bucks will get you a cup of java at Starbucks! :beerchug:

Yes the ABS could fail but as could any system on a bike...dark night on a twisty country road and the headlight bulb fails...trackday and a tyre/tire fails and so on.

No point worrying about such things...if they happen you'll react as best you can to save things.

For me the ABS is a nice add-on this year for not much extra money and so far i'm loving the 13' model

Back