Pre Appraisals needed! I throw myself at the mercy of the ORG for help?

I'm not getting in the middle of it... Simple daily life application applies here.

1) Listen to the information
2) Ask clarifying questions
3) Listen some more
4) Make your determination or keep asking questions.

Sometimes you read or hear what you want and there is just a gap between what a person is trying to convey and what a person actually saying then you have the other side what a person is hearing and what they should be listening to...

Here is what I see when I read through the thread (I want my 20 minutes back too).....

With the assumptions that all of the history is correct......

1. Motonutz916 had a rough crash and it's clear had some recovery and life altering injuries.
2. Obtains large sum of money and spend it on bikes, a truck and a lot of electronics.
3. Truck crashes and bikes (no matter what the cost) go through the back window of truck
4. Bikes and Truck now gone
5. Injuries from point 1. still here >>>>> Insert personal frustration for the loss of his compensation here <<<<<
6. No insurance
7. No receipts
8. Comes to forum and post that he needs pre-crash write up.

Is it possible maybe that what he is needing is an inventory from someone that is legit that can simply go through the bike and inventory the parts that have been added along with some industry averages for the installation of that equipment? Of course I am cautious with these situations and I think that we all should be but we also need to be open minded enough to read and maybe we might find it's not what we thought.

Even today I still force myself to lean towards the side that people are good and If those warning signs go up that someone is jacking around I should ask the right questions to protect my best interest but absolutely nothing comes out of trying to belittle someone when you just don't know.

What I try to do is give the benefit of the doubt to people and work through the challenges, had the mods & admins not done that with folks over the years then would have been a lot of great people that we kicked to the curb just because of a knee jerk reaction. What is the cost of the conversation? Is that not what we all came here for or was it to show our keyboard Kung Fu?

This whole situation might just be a scam, I get it but why would spend any time and energy making it personal and risk beating the wrong person down?

good luck to you getting restitution(from a "welfare crackhead").... sorry about ure accident.
I agree your just wasting your time. If the guy is on welfare I’m sure he’s not motivated to get a good job and quit smoking crack. The $12 check you get every year will prob just piss you off and bring back all the memories. I’m couldn’t imagine your situation and feel for ya. Hopefully your able to find some good in this.

I'm not getting in the middle of it... Simple daily life application applies here.

1) Listen to the information
2) Ask clarifying questions
3) Listen some more
4) Make your determination or keep asking questions.

Sometimes you read or hear what you want and there is just a gap between what a person is trying to convey and what a person actually saying then you have the other side what a person is hearing and what they should be listening to...

Here is what I see when I read through the thread (I want my 20 minutes back too).....

With the assumptions that all of the history is correct......

1. Motonutz916 had a rough crash and it's clear had some recovery and life altering injuries.
2. Obtains large sum of money and spend it on bikes, a truck and a lot of electronics.
3. Truck crashes and bikes (no matter what the cost) go through the back window of truck
4. Bikes and Truck now gone
5. Injuries from point 1. still here >>>>> Insert personal frustration for the loss of his compensation here <<<<<
6. No insurance
7. No receipts
8. Comes to forum and post that he needs pre-crash write up.

Is it possible maybe that what he is needing is an inventory from someone that is legit that can simply go through the bike and inventory the parts that have been added along with some industry averages for the installation of that equipment? Of course I am cautious with these situations and I think that we all should be but we also need to be open minded enough to read and maybe we might find it's not what we thought.

Even today I still force myself to lean towards the side that people are good and If those warning signs go up that someone is jacking around I should ask the right questions to protect my best interest but absolutely nothing comes out of trying to belittle someone when you just don't know.

What I try to do is give the benefit of the doubt to people and work through the challenges, had the mods & admins not done that with folks over the years then would have been a lot of great people that we kicked to the curb just because of a knee jerk reaction. What is the cost of the conversation? Is that not what we all came here for or was it to show our keyboard Kung Fu?

This whole situation might just be a scam, I get it but why would spend any time and energy making it personal and risk beating the wrong person down?
all due respect here cap.. but he STILL HAS the 300hp bike... Have a slipper clutch, but lost all gears after quarter mile pass | Busa problems

Some very good observations there Cap, I’m watching and waiting,
He was verbally abusive and angry towards people that could potentially have helped him, looked weird to me

I get that too... in the 19 years this site has been around one of the biggest life lessons for me has been that everyone has a different story. Not that I condone simply ripping someone whenever you want and that you can say whatever without consequences but there might be some underlying circumstances in this situation too. I try to look past all of that and see people for who they are then work through the other stuff.

I've met some pretty stinkin rough folks that just didn't know what acceptable was... Where they were from, how they were raised and what they knew that was acceptable. So I had to take a look at me, OH MY GOSH... MAN IN THE MIRROR from Michael Jackson just popped in my head.

I gotta stop before some worse song comes in I can't get rid of.

Okay, so he has a riding lawnmower too how does that change the situation? If he isn't filing for an insurance claim and for the sake of argument is just needing an inventory for a personal court case then what impact does any of this have? He isn't asking you to pony up 20 bucks is he?
if its a personal court case..... he needs a lawyer, and his builders testimony.... (the guy that built the bike/painted the bike to evaluate)...…… Cmon man..... I was trying to connect him with @KZScott

I've talked to this individual via PM and he seems ok...everyone needs to learn forum etiquette especially if they haven't been part of a board before and I don't think this person was.

Patience padi-wan, patience....
If it were a single incident, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. It's not, it's multiple statements which don't add up. But, I could be wrong.

if its a personal court case..... he needs a lawyer, and his builders testimony.... (the guy that built the bike/painted the bike to evaluate)...…… Cmon man..... I was trying to connect him with @KZScott

Two things...

1. This is a good example of asking questions..

So is your comment that "he STILL HAS the 300hp bike" an encouragement to say he's still got something or was it something else.. If indeed it is for encouragement then good for you and I have been reset and I apologize.

2. For your statement: " if its a personal court case..... he needs a lawyer, and his builders testimony.... (the guy that built the bike/painted the bike to evaluate)" That is your personal opinion and he didn't ask you for it but you are now pressing your thought process on him. What if perhaps he has an attorney already that told him to just get an inventory?

Social media has created an environment where we take a super small amount of information and form these huge opinions and draw lines on what we believe is right and wrong without having all of the facts. If he had asked for some experiences and said whats should I do, are any of you attorneys or I value your insight help me then you would have been invited to offer your experiences etc.

I would answer his questions to the best of my abilities interpreting what I believe he is trying to say without crossing any legal boundaries or putting anyone else at risk of being taken advantage of.

How does that old adage go? If he wants my opinion he will ask for it.

Cap

Two things...

1. This is a good example of asking questions..

So is your comment that "he STILL HAS the 300hp bike" an encouragement to say he's still got something or was it something else.. If indeed it is for encouragement then good for you and I have been reset and I apologize.

2. For your statement: " if its a personal court case..... he needs a lawyer, and his builders testimony.... (the guy that built the bike/painted the bike to evaluate)" That is your personal opinion and he didn't ask you for it but you are now pressing your thought process on him. What if perhaps he has an attorney already that told him to just get an inventory?

Social media has created an environment where we take a super small amount of information and form these huge opinions and draw lines on what we believe is right and wrong without having all of the facts. If he had asked for some experiences and said whats should I do, are any of you attorneys or I value your insight help me then you would have been invited to offer your experiences etc.

I would answer his questions to the best of my abilities interpreting what I believe he is trying to say without crossing any legal boundaries or putting anyone else at risk of being taken advantage of.

How does that old adage go? If he wants my opinion he will ask for it.

Cap
he posted a thread cap...……….. everything I said is a fact...… a lawyer is needed.….. and the actual builder of the motorcycle and any canceled checks or credit cars receipts/statements would SERVE WELL to establish what he spent/what its worth NOW(things depreciate)…

I get that too... in the 19 years this site has been around one of the biggest life lessons for me has been that everyone has a different story. Not that I condone simply ripping someone whenever you want and that you can say whatever without consequences but there might be some underlying circumstances in this situation too. I try to look past all of that and see people for who they are then work through the other stuff.

I've met some pretty stinkin rough folks that just didn't know what acceptable was... Where they were from, how they were raised and what they knew that was acceptable. So I had to take a look at me, OH MY GOSH... MAN IN THE MIRROR from Michael Jackson just popped in my head.

I gotta stop before some worse song comes in I can't get rid of.
Here you go! Good song if the right person is singing it!

Back